PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jun 2015, 08:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Wow that's just 20 hp over a 04 GT or 10 on a 06 GT. Not sure why so much difference than a staged version of a newer model.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 15 Jun 2015, 01:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
Okay, I know this is extremely delayed, sorry!!! Been very busy with family obligations...So weeks ago I made the couple hour trip north to meet Kevin from Syked. He was awesome!!! In four hours he accomplished what the local shop could not.......
That is great! Thanks for posting that. And thanks for writing about your experience with Kevin Sykes. This is really good stuff.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 02:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Very very cool!! So much info on the dyno sheet! The video is awesome too! It is also nice to hear that you can really feel the difference on the street too!

Congrats man! If I lived close to Kevin like that, I would be doing the same thing! A very worthy drive up north for sure! I knew Kevin was the real deal after my dealings with him too!
Yeah, I am very pleased Have to try not to get the bug and aim for 500hp, lol!!

'03 Dream Cruiser Series 2, ATX, Bought Oct. '14 w/103,000 miles.

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 02:55 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Wow that's just 20 hp over a 04 GT or 10 on a 06 GT. Not sure why so much difference than a staged version of a newer model.
Well I know it is 25hp more than the 215 rating of a stock '03, as well as an increase of 35trq. Not to mention the power curve is better. I am pleased. As for the stock changes to 220hp and then 230hp, I don't know what the changes were at the factory, maybe Kevin would have a better understanding. Forced induction is still new to me

Added: Smoked Tail/Reverse lights, LED reverse bulbs, Black-Bezel headlights w/clear Lamin-x, 6000k HIDs, New fog lights with yellow Lamin-x, LED DRL strips, Chrome antenna bezel, Mopar mud flaps "PT Cruiser" painted tangerine, Chrome Mopar "PT Cruiser" front sill plates ($15!), Low profile wiper blades, Large winged hood badge, 3 hole washer nozzles, Small winged badges on fenders under "Cruiser", Front windows tinted to match rears, '01 folding side mirrors (still need to wire for heat), Cross-drilled rotors w/Hawk performance pads, Replaced steel spare w/aluminum, '01 rear sway bar, K&N CAI, Mopar sub, Cargo net, Inner front seat/glove box trim, Mopar all-weather mats, LED interior lighting, Driver seat drawer, Interior mat set for cup holders, etc., Brand new/never opened Mopar "PT Cruiser" roof rack ($75!), Glow-in-the-dark key fob, RB1 Nav radio, Mopar iPod integration...More to come.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 02:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
That is great! Thanks for posting that. And thanks for writing about your experience with Kevin Sykes. This is really good stuff.
I don't like to leave a thread hanging, I want to make sure to share my exp. I just feel bad for the delay, I have been outta state visiting family and my Gma was in the hospital...kinda took priority I hope my info is helpful to others!

Old 02 May 2016, 08:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

So it has been awhile, but finally my first emissions test came up, as we have them every 2 years here in WA. state. I am pleased to say that with the Syked tune, I passed with no issues!! I was a little nervous that maybe I wouldn't but now I can breathe easy. Hopefully this helps add information for those considering doing the tune. One less thing to worry about. Thanks Kevin!!!
myckee likes this.

Old 09 May 2016, 10:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hi I have the factory Stage 1 in my PT for over 3 years now. In PA if you are under 5k miles per year-no emission test. So for me not an issue .