PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Mar 2015, 07:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Unhappy PLEASE HELP!!!!!

So I just purchased a stage 1 PCM and injectors from DODGETHIS on this site. Handed them over to my mechanic along with the included install instructions and explained what the stage kits were. The sticker on the PCM says "Not for use in emission controlled vehicles" so he, being emissions certified, is not willing to flash my VIN and install because he fears getting in trouble with the state of Washington. Has anyone had this issue? What can I do to work around this? PLEASE, any thoughts or ideas!!!
Old 19 Mar 2015, 07:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
So I just purchased a stage 1 PCM and injectors from DODGETHIS on this site. Handed them over to my mechanic along with the included install instructions and explained what the stage kits were. The sticker on the PCM says "Not for use in emission controlled vehicles" so he, being emissions certified, is not willing to flash my VIN and install because he fears getting in trouble with the state of Washington. Has anyone had this issue? What can I do to work around this? PLEASE, any thoughts or ideas!!!
Flight systems can flash it for you. Then you can install it yourself. And avoid you mechanic altogether.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Mar 2015, 09:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Flight systems can flash it for you. Then you can install it yourself. And avoid you mechanic altogether.
I keep reading about Flight Systems here but what is their contact info and what is the cost???
Old 19 Mar 2015, 10:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineDream76 View Post
I keep reading about Flight Systems here but what is their contact info and what is the cost???
PM Nitro PT he can help you with them or FWD performance to get it done for you.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Mar 2015, 11:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Greetings from the Philippines! My vacation is almost finished and I couldn't resist to log in here! Lol

Anyway Syked Ecu can do it too and his price is reasonable however like flight systems, you will need to pay for shipping back and forth. It will end up by costing about 70 bucks. Not too bad, but much easier to find another mechanic and get him to use his snap on or similar tool to flash it for you.

When you go to the new mechanic, if he asked, tell him or will be a race track only car, when you swap in the stage 1 comp and you won't use it on the street. You might try this with your current mechanic too. That should assuage his fears.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 11:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
PM Nitro PT he can help you with them or FWD performance to get it done for you.
PM sent to him, thanks. Installing the PCM myself looks simple but what about the injectors? What is the process for that and dealing with the fuel system? Thanks for any info! Jordan
Old 19 Mar 2015, 11:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
Greetings from the Philippines! My vacation is almost finished and I couldn't resist to log in here! Lol

Anyway Syked Ecu can do it too and his price is reasonable however like flight systems, you will need to pay for shipping back and forth. It will end up by costing about 70 bucks. Not too bad, but much easier to find another mechanic and get him to use his snap on or similar tool to flash it for you.

When you go to the new mechanic, if he asked, tell him or will be a race track only car, when you swap in the stage 1 comp and you won't use it on the street. You might try this with your current mechanic too. That should assuage his fears.
Does anyone know if one of these companies is better/faster/lower priced than the others? I will weigh my options and try and get this done asap.
Old 19 Mar 2015, 11:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

I just noticed you are in Vancouver, WA. Syked is in Tacoma. Shipping will be fairly cheap. You could even drive there and he could probably do it on the spot for you, if you make an appointment to meet him, as he has other work aside from the ecu business.

You could install the larger injectors right away with your old ecu, but it may run slightly rich, and then swap in the ecu later once its flashed.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 12:10 am
Fresh Cruiser

Another idea is going back to your guy and asking if you signed a waiver stating you'll only use it at the track in stage 1 trim. That might work and be the easiest solution for you
myckee likes this.
Old 20 Mar 2015, 12:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Find someone else. Even in CA if you bring a part only not the vehicle
You can get it VIn flashed.
myckee likes this.