PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 still available?

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jun 2016, 08:37 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Stage 1 still available?

I was on vacation so I have lots of catching up to do. I am sure I will annoy you with more replies in the next few days. lol Oh well.

Yup, the lifespan of these parts is not infinite. A replacement and "refurbished" ecu from Chrysler ranges in cost from $300-600 US from what I have seen, although I am sure cheaper and more expensive ones exist too. And being that most are 'refurbs' who knows the origin with 100% certainty and what, if anything, was repaired or replaced?
Old 23 Jun 2016, 09:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I respond with facts and experience. As for the ECU and PCM we have been seeing more bad "rebuilt" units from independent suppliers. Currently the best PCM replacements seem to be the CHRYSLER rebuilt PCM's for PT Cruisers.

If you take the cover off some of the PCM you have I am sure you will understand what I said in the previous response. Most re-builders seldom remove the cover and only do a simplified electronic health check and re flash of the PCM.

I am not trying to get the last word in.

Anyway unless I see something really wrong I am pretty much done with this thread.

This threads topic is pretty clear...

Stage 1 still available? and they are.
Old 25 Jun 2016, 02:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

I think you are forgetting about one thing and that is all the places listed for stage 1 are they plug and play or do you have to do the tranny learn procedure. I would think that someone buying a stage 1 would like to have this info so that they don't screw up their Transmission. You would think ?
Old 25 Jun 2016, 02:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromer don View Post
I think you are forgetting about one thing and that is all the places listed for stage 1 are they plug and play or do you have to do the tranny learn procedure. I would think that someone buying a stage 1 would like to have this info so that they don't screw up their Transmission. You would think ?
Good thought Don of Dawg.

That learn process was eliminated with most of the refurbished STAGE 1 offered. To be sure any STAGE 1 purchased from any vendor or person that question should be asked.

Naturally for piece of mind you can always do it as it won't hurt.
Old 25 Jun 2016, 02:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

I thought I would throw that out there Sir since it wasn't mentioned. Nice to hear from you again and me and the dawg are doing good lol. The GT is still running like a champ.
Old 25 Jun 2016, 06:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromer don View Post
I thought I would throw that out there Sir since it wasn't mentioned. Nice to hear from you again and me and the dawg are doing good lol. The GT is still running like a champ.

You 2 are over due for a visit!
Old 26 Jun 2016, 04:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

When it cools off I will give you a call.
Old 20 Mar 2017, 09:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

So did you ever get the Stage 1 ECM. Did you have yours flashed? Bought an aftermarket one? Details dawg details
Old 23 Mar 2017, 09:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

I purchased a used original stage 1 from FWD Performance. They flashed the VIN for me. It was the solution to my PCM problem and it provided a performance upgrade that was very noticeable. I have since also added a diablosport Trinity programmer, which opens up a lot more possibilities, and have done quite a few other upgrades to the car. All of which is described in my build thread in the members projects section. I am currently dealing with a transmission issue... that will be dealt with quickly and I'll be pounding pavement again! I recommend the stage 1 to anyone looking for a simple and singular upgrade. If you plan on doing a more involved build like I am, get the diablosport...
Old 15 Sep 2017, 06:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Guys,

Having trouble with my 2005 turbo PT. Dealer can't even comm with PCM. Does anyone have FW Performance fone number?

Thx

Mark