Advertisements
stage 1 install problems

Like Tree4Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jun 2016, 12:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: stage 1 install problems

1. Logging, clearing the codes and making it so that they do not return would constitute setting it up right, when installing Stage 1. Maybe it takes an extra step or two.
2. My understanding of the P0633 code is that it may show up, but generally does not set the CEL. Some people apparently drive around like that for years (maybe a decade by now?)
3. This is not an example of a guy buying larger injectors because "race" That is a common issue, but the injectors he bought were designed to work with the Stage 1 computer and were part of a designed package. I doubt they are too big, since even the Turbo Lite used those marginally larger injectors. Basically, the '03 GT that MMA and I have is the only PT turbo that uses the smaller the injectors.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 01 Jun 2016, 12:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
That's not accurate Lynn!

On some Chrysler platforms, this denotes a different situation that DOES NOT go away. But the Dealership has a procedure that will clear it by performing a PCM SKIM handshake using the key code from the PCM. I can get you a copy of that service builtin if you want to lean something not covered in your seminar.
I am talking about PCM replacement specifically Performance type and about DTCs in general DUDE!!!!

Last edited by CREWZIN; 01 Jun 2016 at 05:55 pm. Reason: rules
Old 01 Jun 2016, 12:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
3. This is not an example of a guy buying larger injectors because "race" That is a common issue, but the injectors he bought were designed to work with the Stage 1 computer and were part of a designed package. I doubt they are too big, since even the Turbo Lite used those marginally larger injectors.
The STAGE 1 kit for PT Cruisers was for originally only sold and intended by Chrysler for OFF ROAD "RACE" applications.
There was a STAGE II for PT Cruisers that never made it to retail sales and is little known about.

It is not about to large or to small (to a point) injectors but about what is needed for the intended engine speeds and loads. The auto makers will often cover their "ass" so to say by using larger injectors expecting super charged and turbo charged engines in certain model vehicles they offer will be driven harder by their owners.

Last edited by NitroPT; 01 Jun 2016 at 01:01 pm.
Old 01 Jun 2016, 01:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
1. Logging, clearing the codes and making it so that they do not return would constitute setting it up right, when installing Stage 1. Maybe it takes an extra step or two.
2. My understanding of the P0633 code is that it may show up, but generally does not set the CEL. Some people apparently drive around like that for years (maybe a decade by now?)
3. This is not an example of a guy buying larger injectors because "race" That is a common issue, but the injectors he bought were designed to work with the Stage 1 computer and were part of a designed package. I doubt they are too big, since even the Turbo Lite used those marginally larger injectors. Basically, the '03 GT that MMA and I have is the only PT turbo that uses the smaller the injectors.
Yep, he has the right injectors. And looking back in the older thread, the P0633 was definitely an issue for both 2003 PT GT's and SRT4 Stage 1 installs. And like in my Daytona, it will likely keep coming back and stay though no light is thrown. That's what many SRT4 folks have reported. But as I told my little buddy, there is a procedure that is supposed to clear it at the dealership. But that doesn't seem to be the OP's main issue. I'd swap back to my original stuff and work my way back up from there.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 01 Jun 2016 at 01:09 pm.
Old 01 Jun 2016, 01:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
That's not accurate Lynn!

On some Chrysler platforms, this denotes a different situation that DOES NOT go away. But the Dealership has a procedure that will clear it by performing a PCM SKIM handshake using the key code from the SKIM. Flashing the VIN to the PCM alone does not necessarily solve this on those platforms. I can get you a copy of that service builtin if you want to lean something not covered in your seminar.
Actually you are wrong about a standing code on the PCM. The 03 has a emission code that can't be cleared by either fligh systems or dealer. Had one of my amigos Ho through this not long back. Ca. Had to make exception and pass it.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Closed Thread