PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sykes hand held or fwp stage 1 ecm

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2017, 07:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Sykes hand held or fwp stage 1 ecm

Well have an update. Had Trans rebuilt, tried emailing Sykes about stage 2 pcm was going to get one off of eBay sent to him didn't get a response. So I contacted Cindy at fwd performance which was a pleasant and a pleasure to deal with ordered stage 1 from her she said 3 weeks received it today 1 day short of 3 weeks. Amazing customer service would highly recommend this company for anybody that wants to modify there car. She is just amazing I am stoked about how this turned out. Now I have a spare ecm that I would like to send to Sykes for the stage 2 ecm but what a pain in the a.. it's going to be probably will never happen. Going to wait to install since buffalo just got hit with a lot of snow. Probably going to do I dyno run before and after so I'll post those results up. Happy cruising.
Old 02 Aug 2017, 10:50 am
Senior Cruiser

I have not read the entire thread yet but wondering if you checked out the nSRT4 forums for tuning advice? Or the Diablo Sport website tuning forum?
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 02 Aug 2017, 11:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurPTGT View Post
The Diablo Sport website tuning forum?
This is really by far the best place to do everything DIY regarding any Diablo Sport product!
Old 02 Aug 2017, 12:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurPTGT View Post
I have not read the entire thread yet but wondering if you checked out the nSRT4 forums for tuning advice? Or the Diablo Sport website tuning forum?
The problem is that the Diablo Sport is pretty well an end-user product with only limited use other than the canned tunes and/or as a simple delivery system for a custom tune from a CMR. And other than bells the whistles, the newer DS tuners have even less functionality than the older ones since you can no longer touch emissions and safety functions.

The latest HP Tuner appears to have all the functionality of the Syked tuner plus it's been around awhile and there's a large knowledge base. A couple members here have them and have been very impressed. On some other Mopar forums, folks that have both an HP tuner and a Witech clone seem to be able to do anything to a later NGC PCM they want. The licenses for using the HP Tuner on different cars is more reasonable than with DS too. I really like my custom-tuned PCM from Syked and I own and use both a DS Trinity and DS Predator. But for a hand held tuner, HP is likely the better way to go.
myckee likes this.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 02 Aug 2017 at 12:21 pm.