PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 stage 1 1/8th mile E.T. ?

Like Tree34Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2017, 05:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 03 stage 1 1/8th mile E.T. ?

Adding Perfromance PT CRUISER parts

Car Repair Advice Forum= at your own risk
Old 06 Apr 2017, 09:09 pm
Young Cruiser

I'm out of my league here, but the one and only time I raced on a track was at the 2003 PT Cruiser Block Party in Pomona, CA. My memory is vague, but they were cycling through GT's with three different horsepower ratings and it was the luck of the draw which version you got.

Here are the slips from my race and my wife's race:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
It kind of frustrating, but there's not many on this forum that post their slips. Even in older threads, folks talk like they race but usually don't show how they did if they actually raced at all. I've come to believe there's some "internet-only" racing here and even fewer real-worlders that had unexciting results. PT's are pretty heavy and cut the wind more like a farting cow than a Ferrari.

With maybe a few exceptions, the last two members here to actually race their PT and posted multiple slips are SPLNeon and Xwing777. I believe SLNeon is running an automatic and not much else except for mainly weight reduction and dilute NOS. Xwing777 had a much more serious machine but he may have sold it by now. Both of these guys will likely respond to PM's.

Early 2001 PT Cruiser | Touring Edition | 5 Speed Manual
Old 06 Apr 2017, 10:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

R/T Green light means go!

Old 07 Apr 2017, 09:14 am
Cool Cruiser

Just wanted to correct Handy (because Nitro doesn't do that enough)

I Drag race my PT. Granted it is an NA and slow, but Handy forgot to mention me.
But here is a bunch of my slips. This was about a year ago, and my old mods at the time was copper plugs and a K&N drop in filter.
All of these slips can only be found in this picture, my dog spilled my soda on them and ruined the paper. I had more, but this was a collection from a slow night i was able to run repeatedly, I was working on reaction times, as this night was probably my 2nd or 3rd time ever at a track.

PTNA Time Slips.jpg
Sorry If it is hard to read.

The fastest time on the sheets for those who can't see is about 12.083. Which is not the fastest I ran at the track, I did get an 11.8xx. This was at my local 1/8 mile track.
Fk5 and Silver_Sleeper like this.

05' N/A Automatic Red PT Mileage:121k (Died summer 2017)

Last edited by UnitD77; 07 Apr 2017 at 09:18 am.
Old 07 Apr 2017, 09:38 am
Senior Cruiser

My PT Cruiser drag racing goal is to have a PT Cruiser that can pass tech for the local test and tune.
Old 07 Apr 2017, 09:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I just wish I lived close enough to a track Id LOVE to give it a try Im be slow but hey im old
Old 07 Apr 2017, 10:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
I just wish I lived close enough to a track Id LOVE to give it a try Im be slow but hey im old
There are many programs available for cell phone that are not to bad for accuracy on 1/4 ET's.

I use a AutoMeter D-Pic which comparing dozens of time slip that I did *toss or never picked up it is highly accurate if you set it up correctly. I am sure you can find a "TEST" section of road in your area to see what your PT Cruiser can do?

T/MINI/DSC05446_resize_zpsfe32d380.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07 Apr 2017, 12:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
It kind of frustrating, but there's not many on this forum that post their slips. Even in older threads, folks talk like they race but usually don't show how they did if they actually raced at all. I've come to believe there's some "internet-only" racing here and even fewer real-worlders that had unexciting results. PT's are pretty heavy and cut the wind more like a farting cow than a Ferrari.

With maybe a few exceptions, the last two members here to actually race their PT and posted multiple slips are SPLNeon and Xwing777. I believe SLNeon is running an automatic and not much else except for mainly weight reduction and dilute NOS. Xwing777 had a much more serious machine but he may have sold it by now. Both of these guys will likely respond to PM's.
I find it amazing that some members keep calling other members liters and frauds. Especially in areas they have no first hand knowledge anyway. And do so because they don't get what they demand of the other to produce to satisfy their curiosity. All the while they have thrown out many of their accomplishments with out an ounce of proof that they themselves can or has done them. And we have accepted these with out attacking their abilities for the most part. This has been a continuous situation that has caused many arguments. I would suggest that before calling out regular members without adequate facts. We should not continue to bait said members with baseless accusations. Just mine and others opinion. That last line is a assumption on my part.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 07 Apr 2017 at 12:19 pm.
Old 07 Apr 2017, 01:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fk5 View Post
My PT Cruiser drag racing goal is to have a PT Cruiser that can pass tech for the local test and tune.
Lol i was eating a pot pie when i read this.... It ended up on my shirt.... Lol
Fk5 likes this.
Old 07 Apr 2017, 01:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
I find it amazing that some members keep calling other members liters and frauds. Especially in areas they have no first hand knowledge anyway. And do so because they don't get what they demand of the other to produce to satisfy their curiosity. All the while they have thrown out many of their accomplishments with out an ounce of proof that they themselves can or has done them. And we have accepted these with out attacking their abilities for the most part. This has been a continuous situation that has caused many arguments. I would suggest that before calling out regular members without adequate facts. We should not continue to bait said members with baseless accusations. Just mine and others opinion. That last line is a assumption on my part.
I agree . Or sometimes it's as simple as peoples bad choice of words. Im definitely guilty of that. I also take things the wrong way now and again. It's just hard to tell from text if someone is being sarcastic, rude, demeaning, funny, or if that's just how they talk and they mean nothing by it... So if I ever offend anyone, or i sound like a dick... I hope someone tells me about it so I can apologize. From what I've seen so far... I'm sure someone will let me know..... Lol....
Busted_PT and VsandFords like this.
Closed Thread