Advertisements
03 stage 1 1/8th mile E.T. ?

Like Tree34Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2017, 01:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Default 03 stage 1 1/8th mile E.T. ?

Just wondering what to expect at the track. Have a 03 gt stage 1 5 speed and plan on going to the strip once or twice this summer. Ive seen people post there 1/4 mile times but nobody mentions the 660 ft. 1/8 mile times. My local strip is only 1/8 mile is why I'm asking. My car is pretty much stock beside stage 1 and cai, and cat back . Ive seen people post around 15 sec 1/4, so thinking around high 9's in the 1/8?
Old 06 Apr 2017, 01:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 03 stage 1 1/8th mile E.T. ?

There are way to many variables to even guess at this question.

What do you think your PT will do?
Write it down and then go see what it really does.

Then work on improving your own personal RT and ET.
This way you will not be disappointed and also get caught up in all the BS and bench racing.

Its all about fun unless you join a sanctioned party like SCCA,NHRA,IHRA etc. and do it to compete.

Most sanctioned tracks give complete information on time slips which include 1/8 mile information. I always liked reading them on my S/G Camaro. low 5's
VsandFords likes this.

http://sacramentoraceway.com/
ADHD=Auto Detailing & Hotrodding Dude
Old 06 Apr 2017, 02:18 pm
Young Cruiser

Question Re: 03 stage 1 1/8th mile E.T. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
There are way to many variables to even guess at this question.

What do you think your PT will do?
Write it down and then go see what it really does.

Then work on improving your own personal RT and ET.
This way you will not be disappointed and also get caught up in all the BS and bench racing.

Its all about fun unless you join a sanctioned party like SCCA,NHRA,IHRA etc. and do it to compete.

Most sanctioned tracks give complete information on time slips which include 1/8 mile information. I always liked reading them on my S/G Camaro. low 5's
Im a nhra member. Was just thinking maybe someone has a slip or remembered what there 660 was. Im not looking for someone to tell me what my car will run, but what there car ran. Just curious...
Old 06 Apr 2017, 02:23 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Sleeper View Post
Im a nhra member. Was just thinking maybe someone has a slip or remembered what there 660 was. Im not looking for someone to tell me what my car will run, but what there car ran. Just curious...
And wow... Low 5's are extremely fast for 1/8 mile. Are you sure that your not thinking of 330ft? That would be more like it... Unless you're camaro wasnt a street car ...
Old 06 Apr 2017, 02:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Just wondering what to expect at the track. Have a 03 gt stage 1 5 speed and plan on going to the strip once or twice this summer. Ive seen people post there 1/4 mile times but nobody mentions the 660 ft. 1/8 mile times. My local strip is only 1/8 mile is why I'm asking. My car is pretty much stock beside stage 1 and cai, and cat back . Ive seen people post around 15 sec 1/4, so thinking around high 9's in the 1/8?
It kind of frustrating, but there's not many on this forum that post their slips. Even in older threads, folks talk like they race but usually don't show how they did if they actually raced at all. I've come to believe there's some "internet-only" racing here and even fewer real-worlders that had unexciting results. PT's are pretty heavy and cut the wind more like a farting cow than a Ferrari.

With maybe a few exceptions, the last two members here to actually race their PT and posted multiple slips are SPLNeon and Xwing777. I believe SLNeon is running an automatic and not much else except for mainly weight reduction and dilute NOS. Xwing777 had a much more serious machine but he may have sold it by now. Both of these guys will likely respond to PM's.
Old 06 Apr 2017, 03:14 pm
Young Cruiser

Very true handy... Im sure people went to the track thinking about that 10 second time slip only to end up thinking that maybe there's a miss print or something.... Lol... Sure seems alot faster than 15 seconds... Lol... I was surprised when I found out how heavy these little things are. Our track is switching from nhra to ihra this spring and my son was excited. He races jr dragsters, which would smoke my pt. He's in the 7.90 class which is pretty fast for 1/8 mile but he wants to drive a car really bad. Ihra has a family car class for either 13 or 14 and up with an adult in the car so he said he's ready to try and get consistent with a manual trans... I told him that he's got his work cut out for him... Lol
rockandroller likes this.

Last edited by Silver_Sleeper; 06 Apr 2017 at 03:16 pm.
Old 06 Apr 2017, 03:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Look.... I see what you have posted about your mods. What I have not seen if your health reports and information on your PT Cruiser that could better help some experienced member regarding racing to give an idea of what your personal PT will do.

Silver_Sleeper SPLNeon has some he has posted some track slips and video's.
Quote:
And wow... Low 5's are extremely fast for 1/8 mile. Are you sure that your not thinking of 330ft? That would be more like it... Unless you're camaro wasn't a street car ...
S/G = Super Gas. I ran NHRA Professionally for years . The Camaro was 9.90 index. I could run in 6.90 but that cost about 20-30k more a year to support. Oh and the personal plate was AFAST68.
My tow car for my S/G Camaro was a 1979 Monte Carlo that I could run 12's

I KNOW HOW TO READ A TIME SLIP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
It kind of frustrating,
Handy_Cruiser many of us that race frequently do not post racing results this on this forum. Personally I have never posted time slips (that I recall) on any forum and not likely to ever do so. Mostly because of members on forum like yourself that dont have any race experience and dont know what it is like yet will respond on threads like this topic with useless information, insults to those that do and information based on what they can find on the internet or from other members postings. Likewise I have never seen you ever responding to have ever run the 1/4 or 1/8th mile on a sanction track since you have been a member.
Why are you once again responding on a thread that you really have NOTHING to give? Oh wait I know its because you saw my response!

Quote:
I was surprised when I found out how heavy these little things are.
Curious what were you told or what do you think the weight is?

Last edited by NitroPT; 06 Apr 2017 at 03:37 pm.
Old 06 Apr 2017, 04:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

There a few members on this forum that tried to get PT's on the list. But this PT forum is not what it use to be.

Maybe you can get the answer you would like to see?

This list, once hosted off site, is now available here:

Last updated 04/25/2009
To be added to this list, follow the instructions listed here. Registration required.
PT Cruiser Fastest Times List
PTCrew.com - Fastest Times List

Old 06 Apr 2017, 04:13 pm
Young Cruiser

Weight is something in the ballpark of 33 or 34 i think.. This just goes to show... You never can be sure of a person's knowledge or experience from a post. It's funny how people can get so bent out of shape from a post. I think It's because you never can tell if someone is being rude, funny, or just being a smart ellick by reading text. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know how to read a slip, that is why i put... Unless you're camaro isn't a street car, which come to find out it isn't . Sorry if i came off like i was trying to discredit you or make you sound ignorant or something... Wasn't my intention. Also, one mans useless information is another man's.... Not so useless information...?... Or something like that. Im not looking for anyone to tell me what number my car will run. Just thought maybe some people remembered their number.. Or a roundabout number. I definitely wasn't trying to start a post war. But for future reference, i will definitely never quote or reply to one of your messages again without carefully double checking to make sure there is any way you could take it in any manner other than the way it is intended. I know that sometimes my words come across wrong and I will have to work on that.
Old 06 Apr 2017, 04:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Weight is something in the ballpark of 33 or 34 i think.. This just goes to show... You never can be sure of a person's knowledge or experience from a post. It's funny how people can get so bent out of shape from a post. I think It's because you never can tell if someone is being rude, funny, or just being a smart ellick by reading text. ..............
Your ball park is very close! But was that dry or wet? hahaha!
I did not take anything YOU posted as anything more than inquiring. I did take handy_Cruiser response IMHO as just being a bit of a jerk and information that any one that can find there way to a forum can access and find on the internet.

Look...I have raced(played) my PT Cruiser at Sacramento Raceway for a for years. In fact almost one complete season a year or so ago.

Racing for years you learn to do some thing regarding your track experiences. This would be your LOG BOOKS for each separate vehicle.
In it you would have information like the fuel used its specific gravity, the temperature of the day, air pressure in the tires, spark plug used and setting and even how you felt that day. It is really hard to get to the point when you can show up at a track and duplicate your runs consistently. When I raced in S?G that is exactly what you needed to learn to do to be competitive. For" run what you brung" Wednesday night or high-school drag night it was all about me trying to see if I could get in a lane to race next to a Charger or Challenger, Mustang, Camaro running ET Bracket racing. I knew that my level of experience I would walk away beating them night after night. LOL

Time slips are to help yourself know how to better your abilities of yourself and your vehicles. NOT really for BRAGGING on forums.

I can say that on "OFF NIGHTS" this was one note in my time slip log for my PT Cruiser.
July/2016

"Not changing plugs left home......leaking n20 line......first pass felt surge AFR indicates lean @54....hazed tires to long in 1st, stupid mistake..."

Needless to say that night I was in the slow/low 14's ,402m and 9's in the 1/8
rockandroller likes this.

Last edited by NitroPT; 06 Apr 2017 at 04:46 pm.
Closed Thread