LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2017, 07:02 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: ECM issues...I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacho View Post
I will do so. Can you tell me how you removed the "C" clamps on the hoses

Thanks...
What C-claps are you referring too? The hose comes as a complete assembly (tube, upper and lower boots). They connect via 2 hose clamps (flat head or i think 5/16 socket). There is also another hose that connects to the lower boot. Just pull the breather box out, remove the hose clamp on the turbo end. Then attach the new hose, clamp to turbo, install breather box and connect top end to breather box via another hose clamp. The amazon hose comes with new clamps.

Semper Fi (USMC 96-01)

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Einstein
Old 30 Aug 2017, 08:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper77 View Post
What C-claps are you referring too? The hose comes as a complete assembly (tube, upper and lower boots). They connect via 2 hose clamps (flat head or i think 5/16 socket). There is also another hose that connects to the lower boot. Just pull the breather box out, remove the hose clamp on the turbo end. Then attach the new hose, clamp to turbo, install breather box and connect top end to breather box via another hose clamp. The amazon hose comes with new clamps.
There are several smaller hoses connected to the main hose...I already know how to remove them. Thanks 😊
Old 02 Sep 2017, 08:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well good news it was NOT the ECM. The culprit was the positive battery cable terminal end connector where the cable attaches to the connector. I decided to change it because it was the lead type and it was all closed up and wouldn't tighten anymore. So when I was going to disconnect the back part I realized that it was really loose and that is probably why I was getting all those weird actions on the gauges and why it was dying for no apparent reason. I also replaced the torn cold side air turbo hose with no trouble at all. I figured out that those were not "C" clips but shoulders/stops for the connector (see pic)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7627991&type=3

Drove it to work and back today with no issues at all.

Thanks for all of your help
rckstein likes this.
Old 02 Sep 2017, 09:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckee View Post
While it is good you found the broken hose on your car and ordered a replacement, it would appear that it is a secondary problem to your main problem, which seems to be electrical.

If your battery tested good, make sure your battery terminals are clean and in good condition and making a proper connection to the battery. As well, check and clean the ground connections on the inside of the driver fender. You probably have to remove the air box to get to it. Clean all of those connections. Check the connections on the starter. Remove them and clean the eyelets and then reinstall.

That is not to say that your PCM is not the problem, but it could very well be poor connections on the battery or on the ground wires, or on the starter. Hopefully it is just a simple case of poor electrical connections.
This is important to check all connections coming from the battery when you are having electrical problems.