gen 2 diablosport nice unit!!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By myckee
  • 1 Post By myckee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2018, 11:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default gen 2 diablosport nice unit!!

greetings all,been playing with this gen 2 for a few months now, very nice tool...question,i have a 06, i need this thing to shift better...how can i do this?

so lil history on my pt, got it at 32k miles last year from the original lil ol lady...put k&n typhoon with larger 6.5 x stream filter,magnaflow 2 1/4 bolt in dump,ngk 4306,msd wires and diablo 93 tune....needless to say its moving very well,also took out back seat/spare...3070lbs now.....so i have 110 racing fuel down the street and on a cool night...holding 15lbs...i have put a beating on many cars and the look on peoples faces when they get beat by a pt is priceless...

Last edited by sublimehemi; 23 May 2018 at 11:03 pm.
Old 24 May 2018, 08:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: gen 2 diablosport nice unit!!

It is nice to have confirmation that the DS does actually work with an 06. I know it is listed on their site that the 06 GT is compatible, but until now, I haven't seen a post that someone tried it and confirmed it works.

Anyway, It comes down to the pros and con of the DS and the S1. The disadvantage of the DS canned tune, over the Mopar Stage 1 PCM, is that the DS doesn't do anything for the transmission, while the S1 did get a trans update too. Otherwise the DS 93 tune and the S1 tune are almost the same. The pro of the DS is that you can get custom tunes for it and load and unload them at will without having to swap the entire pcm.

You could get an S1 to get the trans tune, and then use the DS on top, but since the 93 tune is virtually identical, performance wise, to the S1, unless you have plans to load custom tunes, the DS is not very useful at that point.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 24 May 2018, 09:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok...so yes i do plan to get a can tune for sure,i dont mind buying the the stage
1 computer for shifting and use in conjunction with ds, i had thought i read somewhere where you cant do this on 06? can i also send my original pcm out as well to one of the popular vendors or do i have to get mopar stage 1 to use in conjunction?

thanks for your help!!
Old 27 May 2018, 11:50 am
Senior Cruiser

Well, in the other years, the DS would work with the Stage 1. I am assuming it will also work with your 06. That is something that needs to be confirmed as I do not know for sure.

If the DS can work with the S1, then I highly recommend FWD Performance. They are on top of things and will tell you up front approximately how long it will take.

If not, then Syked ECU Tuning can likely merge the S1 trans programming into your stock GT PCM and then you can still use the DS and achieve the same results. He did a similar merge with Handy_Cruiser's pcm and Handy indicated he could feel the difference (it may have been a custom trans tune). Syked, is a one man operation and can be frustratingly slow. He also isn't a good communicator, so that can add to the frustration. However I have not heard of an instance where he did not come through in the end...just be prepared.

Both FWD and Syked can use your stock PCM to do the tuning. The downside is that you will be car-less for weeks/months depending on the turnaround. Also, it is good to keep your stock pcm for emission testing or general trouble shooting if the need arises. The 06 PCMs are rare and expensive though. FWD may be able to supply you a core with the S1 already loaded, for less than you can find a core for on ebay. It can't hurt to ask.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 09:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

just a quick update,thanks for all the replies everyone,i just put dcr coil and iridium plugs and runs way better, faster..etc..
Old 29 Jul 2018, 08:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Sublimehemi: What have you beat---really cool story...its true PTs get no respect with all the Hemi Challengers now ...hmmm