PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Mopar will be flashing Stage 1 kits on-site...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Sep 2004, 09:34 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Mopar will be flashing Stage 1 kits on-site...

...at the Block Party this coming weekend in Illinois. If you want one that day, bring your VIN # and most recent mileage reading.

Old 21 Sep 2004, 11:23 am
Cool Cruiser

Yea baby!!!!
Old 21 Sep 2004, 01:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

wait. can you explain this? they are selling a whole new computer and selling it, or are they flashing your car as it sits there with the factory computer. Because if that is the case, I should be able to get stage 1 at work through our chrysler computer.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 21 Sep 2004, 04:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigtommy83

wait. can you explain this? they are selling a whole new computer and selling it, or are they flashing your car as it sits there with the factory computer. Because if that is the case, I should be able to get stage 1 at work through our chrysler computer.
New PCM that they provide being flashed with your VIN # and Mileage. Most dealers still do not have the proper equipment to do this, which is why you have to normally provide it when you order it and they ship it to you or your dealer wit hyour info already in it.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 21 Sep 2004, 04:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

I think he said "stage 1 kits". I doubt you will get the Tommy Thrift deal at the Block Party though.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 22 Sep 2004, 02:11 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

I have the equiptment, all I need is the software part number. With that, I may be able to download stage 1 into my cars computer. The little pay back they owe me for doing crummy work under their warranty time schedules.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 22 Sep 2004, 06:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

not enough customer pay? i can tell you're a tech. and you're right, chrysler warranty time does not pay well. pdi times have been dropping for years with new options you have to check over.

your friendly service advisor
Old 23 Sep 2004, 12:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sa4chrysler

not enough customer pay? i can tell you're a tech. and you're right, chrysler warranty time does not pay well. pdi times have been dropping for years with new options you have to check over.

Off topic: Show me a Car company who does pays good on warrany time! Why do you think 90% of the time the tech can not duplicate it, if Joe public ever really knew why they get shoddy service. Flat rate warranty time, HA! PDI times? Geez, when I worked for Dodge most of the techs put the plate frames on and pulled it out front, how do you think they made up their time from doing warranty work.
[:0]
Old 23 Sep 2004, 02:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptgtcb

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sa4chrysler

Off topic: Show me a Car company who does pays good on warrany time! Why do you think 90% of the time the tech can not duplicate it, if Joe public ever really knew why they get shoddy service. Flat rate warranty time, HA! PDI times? Geez, when I worked for Dodge most of the techs put the plate frames on and pulled it out front, how do you think they made up their time from doing warranty work.
[:0]
agreed. however, i read the forums a lot and do not post very much. it really kind of pisses me off that most of you cannot get any cooperation in repairs or warranty. i've worked at bigger shops where it's basically herding people in and out for money. i went to work against my will at a smaller chrysler store and have learned a lot about people. now i wouldn't leave. lesson learned for me. just keep in mind that not all chrysler employees are out to get you. i get just as frustrated with red tape as you. [B)]
Old 24 Sep 2004, 01:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:agreed. however, i read the forums a lot and do not post very much. it really kind of pisses me off that most of you cannot get any cooperation in repairs or warranty. i've worked at bigger shops where it's basically herding people in and out for money. i went to work against my will at a smaller chrysler store and have learned a lot about people. now i wouldn't leave. lesson learned for me. just keep in mind that not all chrysler employees are out to get you. i get just as frustrated with red tape as you. [B)]
Unfortunately, if you live in an urban area like LA/Orange County, there really doesn't seem to be such a thing as a "small dealer". Everything is MEGAAAA DEARLERRRRR!!!!!!
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come