Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Stage Turbo Kits

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stage 1 passed TX emissions test

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:27 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Stage 1 passed TX emissions test

Well, the year finally rolled around and I was forced to subject my Stage 1 equipped '03 GT to the emissions test as part of the required Texas state annual safety inspection. I'm in Dallas and they're extremely strict about the test and inspection sticker provision. This test includes an OBD hookup and the test is linked into the state's computers. I had the test done at a Valvoline oil change shop where I knew that the employees were high quality and car enthusiasts. I didn't want to have the test done at the dealer, at least for the first time, as I didn't want to risk that they might flash my Stage 1 computer if it didn't pass.

I was pleased to find that no fault codes were detected and the car passed on all tests. I think if Stage 1 passes here, you're pretty sure to be safe anywhere. I've seen no reports of Stage 1 failing to pass in any juristiction.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 02:48 am
Veteran Cruiser

Congrats. I'll bet that's a load off of your mind. [?]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 30 Jun 2005, 10:06 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks, John

I live in OH where we also have ODB testing. I have been holding off ordering Stage 1 for my 2003 because I was not sure if it would pass testing.

Brad
[?]
Old 30 Jun 2005, 03:58 pm
Senior Cruiser

Glad to hear the good news. It is still on my shopping list!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 01 Jul 2005, 09:29 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JohnM...I was pleased to find that no fault codes were detected and the car passed on all tests. I think if Stage 1 passes here, you're pretty sure to be safe anywhere. I've seen no reports of Stage 1 failing to pass in any juristiction.
That's what I've been hearing for awhile now including from those owning "S1 Cruisers" in California.
Old 04 Jul 2005, 11:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Glad to hear... Here in NY, I have a 03 GT stage 1, and it too did pass.... I was thinking I was going to take it out, and have the test done with old ecu.. BUT!!!!
Old 11 Jul 2005, 04:55 pm
Young Cruiser

Very glad to hear. I am in the Dallas area too and my inspection is due this month. Wasn't all too worried since the MIL light is not on but ya neva know.

Edit 7/24/05

Well I took her in yesterday and she passed fine. The kid doing the inspection did light up the tires getting her up to 20 mph for the brake test he was all grins when he pulled her back in for the emissions test telling me he never knew they could spool up that quickly.