PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
AC and Gas mileage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2005, 11:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz
Default AC and Gas mileage

I know that my PT is not the normal GT (2001+Hahn), but, My gas mileage sucks when I run my AC. Almost 50 miles less a tank with AC running. I normally get anywhere from 250 to 280 (colder weather)per tank, and barely 200 with AC blowing. Anyone else have similar results? [:I] In DC so the humidity is bad and I needs the AC!
Old 03 Jul 2005, 12:09 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Around town, I find little difference in mileage between AC running and AC off. On the highway, AC will drop the mileage somewhat but running with the windows down will lower the fuel mileage just as much due to increased drag and buffeting.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 03 Jul 2005, 03:23 am
Senior Cruiser

AC ain't free. It sucks a lot of power to turn the compressor.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 03 Jul 2005, 04:24 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to satellite66

4 cylinders pushing a 3500 lb refrigerator. It is a lot to ask. We get about 22 to 25 mpg with ours. I wish it was better but I can live with that.

2003 Electric Blue 5spd
Many on the political left are so entranced by the beauty of their vision that they cannot see the ugly reality they are creating in the real world.
Old 03 Jul 2005, 04:27 am
Veteran Cruiser

I get 22-24 mpg in my 5 speed GT with or without the AC on. Don't really notice a loss of mpg or power from the AC. I am running far more hp/torque than stock so it doesn't take much to get my GT moving. I do run pretty easy with AC on, too. How do you like your Hahn? I've heard nice things about those. Upgraded internals and intercooler. Nice. What boost are you running? I have a dual stage BC and am running 15 on 1st stage and 18 on 2nd.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 03 Jul 2005, 10:46 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to R3dWhitNCrz

Still running 6psi, but, planning to get Greddy BC to raise the stakes. I really like the system and it is a blast to drive. Still working out bugs in other systems so may have to delay the BC for awhile. Thanks
Old 07 Jul 2005, 09:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to TaylorMade

hah i get 15 mpg if im lucky. and its slow as crap.
2001 limited edition midnight blue PT, 17\" enkei wheels, rear spoiler,silencers removed, k&n drop in filter,MX-5\'s 1-2 burp-free shift mod, 1 10\" subwoofer, and a Dynomax muffler. (Just a 17 year old who loves his car)
Old 07 Jul 2005, 11:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I get 260 miles to the tankful, running it down to the chime. AC makes a difference, but well worth it in DC summers!
Old 08 Jul 2005, 05:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by R3dWhitNCrz

I know that my PT is not the normal GT (2001+Hahn), but, My gas mileage sucks when I run my AC. Almost 50 miles less a tank with AC running. I normally get anywhere from 250 to 280 (colder weather)per tank, and barely 200 with AC blowing. Anyone else have similar results? [:I] In DC so the humidity is bad and I needs the AC!
wow 280 mile my best is 223 without ac [xx(]
Old 08 Jul 2005, 05:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Man, you aren't doing that good steve smith. What kind of crap gas you got up there in Canada?