Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
N/A Hyper ground

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jul 2005, 08:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Default N/A Hyper ground

Well finally found about 30 minutes to play with my hyper grounding ideas. However still looking for best way to hyper ground an N/A.

I ran one from the battery to the strut bolt on driverside, then one from the battery to the block/head mouting braket bolt and then to the PCM. I over looked the intake manifold and couldn't find anything that wasn't plastic so I skipped that part, also skipped the tranny because there is a bundle of wires in the way of both the bolt down there.

How did the rest of you run to these 2 grounding points on yours?

Thanks
Old 08 Jul 2005, 09:13 am
Senior Cruiser

King, did a quick search for you. Hope this helps.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...yper,grounding
Old 08 Jul 2005, 11:11 am
Senior Cruiser

Yeah it does help.
Its funny, I read this yesterday, but must have been in a blur, because I don't remember any of it.

Thanks
Bigdogdad
Old 09 Jul 2005, 07:42 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Sorry to threadjack, but KingKole, where'd you get those headlights, or did you just take out the reflectors and add the silver bulbs? Also, where did you get the new hood? Looks good.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 06:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

I see someone is checking my pics.
Thanks ChromedCruiser

Actually I bought the hood of a guy in the Tampa Bay cruisers club about a year ago (Crewzin, you see Duane tell him it looks good). I paid a fraction of what he told me he paid for it. So I'm happy with it very much. It is non fuctional but allows more air to flow from under the hood.
The headlights I found on ebay. They may not be legal but, althouht they have the DOT # on the front, I don't have any orange anywhere else on my car so why should I on the headlights, right? So that pushed me to get the Euro ones, that and the fact the stock ones started to fade. After my accident I had one bright and new, shiny, one and one dull ugly, so I fixed my little problem.

What a pain to install though, if installing, make sure you take your front end apart to get to them. If anyone needs some detail just throw it out there, and I'm sure I will find it.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 11:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yea, I was checking out your pics KingKole, and believe it or not, we practically have the same car, save for a few differences (you have that cool looking hood, I have flowmasters, you've got airraid, I've got injen). I try to check out everybody's pics and websites to see if I'm missing some nice performance mod or just something new. Do you know where the guy got the hood originally?
Old 12 Jul 2005, 04:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'd like to see your sig pic, but I get the red X.

No unfortunately I can't remember, it has been awhile, apparently the guy was suppose to close up the shop and it was the last one he made out of 2 I believe, he was parting out his PT when I found out about it. I like the fact that it is unique but I’m sure someday a shop will have the same idea or the shop has sold his original molds.

If that helps.
Old 12 Jul 2005, 04:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KingKole02

I'd like to see your sig pic, but I get the red X.
http://meguiarsonline.com/gallery/sh...=500&password=
Old 13 Jul 2005, 05:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Espresso,
Hey thanks for the link.
CHROMEDCRUSIER,
Ya, your cruiser is closely related to mine in design your right. I don't see too many stl blues in my area.
Old 19 Jul 2005, 11:12 am
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, I took everyone's advice and just completed my Hyper-grounding. Tried to match all the grounding wires up to the wire looms I already had. What you think! [:I]

Only kidding of course, but I did win a set of RED Hyper-grounding wires off eBay and waiting for them to arrive. AFTER I won the auction, the seller advised me that RED is no longer available.[xx(] so I ordered the purper ones and will cover them with the chrome wire wrap that I have on the rest of the wires.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.