Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Nitrous Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2005, 11:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Nitrous Question

Well I searched but didn't find what I was looking for. So here goes. I got an 2001 5 Speed. How safe / unsafe would a 50 shot of nitrous be to run on it. I was given a Zex kit the 50 - 75. I've dynoed at 128 hp at the wheels. I've read where the hp on this engine should not go past 200 hp. Looking for some insite. Thanks in advance.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 02:33 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by coolzero

Well I searched but didn't find what I was looking for. So here goes. I got an 2001 5 Speed. How safe / unsafe would a 50 shot of nitrous be to run on it. I was given a Zex kit the 50 - 75. I've dynoed at 128 hp at the wheels. I've read where the hp on this engine should not go past 200 hp. Looking for some insite. Thanks in advance.
Hopefully MX-5 will reply to this for you. But here is my humble opinion. I would think it should be ok. I have been planning to put a 50 shot in my 03 auto. however if you want to pass on that great deal on the zex kit to someone else... wink wink nudge nudge.

[8)]
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 02 Aug 2005, 07:41 am
Senior Cruiser

I believe MX-5 has a 75 shot of the good stuff. It is the kit that you should use I hope he chimes in on. I know he says there is only one made for the Cruiser.
Old 02 Aug 2005, 09:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

The kit made for the pt is: NitrousWorks by Barry Grant™ #13097
that is the kit that he used. He also reccomended to me getting a bottle heater and purge system.
2k3 Electric Blue Touring, N/A, K&N dropin, Silencers removed, Snorkle Replacement, BTG Catback Single Tip Exhaust. \"Technogrounding\", Custom Painted interior, 2k1 5 spoke wheels painted black, Next Destination: Hahn Stage 1. (alas! the perils of insufficient funds)
Old 03 Aug 2005, 01:35 am
Cool Cruiser

What they said.

A wet shot of 50-75hp is OK for the stock non-turbo internals.

I set mine up at the razors edge of 115hp.
I only did this because I'm a NOS authorized installer and refilling station ....... and my personal relationship with my Chrysler dealership.
Last month, I made them a killer deal on a $6000.00 brake lathe and I know they would bend the rules on a 7/70 powetrain warranty claim if I toasted the engine.