PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Overheating / A/C problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2005, 04:36 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Overheating / A/C problem

Hey guys and gals,

During this summer my PT had started overheating quite frequently (last summer it overheated but it was only once, for flooring it around that day).

It overheats when I have the A/C on (EVEN AT NIGHT when the temp drops) and I am just cruising around from place to place. I don't even floor it and it starts to overheat with the A/C running. If the A/C isn't running, I am dying in the car with the outside temp at 90-110 at night with a humidity of close for 46% sometimes... ack.

Last summer it overheated when I had floored it from place to place (forgot what the hell the rush was lol). I found later that my fan stopped working and a chip or something burnt out. Went to autozone and found the chip, replaced it with new one.

This time the fan is running still.

If it helps, the A/C has a hard time getting cool for quite some time during the day. At night it does get cooler quicker, but still wants to overheat once and a while when I am just going around to the market or the burger joint.

Heard that it might be my radiator fan from PTDIY, more specifically the brushes, but wanted to get more peoples opinions before I go buy another radiator w/ fan or maybe what ptdiy suggested was try replacing the brushes first which is less costly.

What do you all think?
Thanks btw.

Old 09 Aug 2005, 07:40 am
Senior Cruiser

Had a little bit more time before I have to leave so I did a quick search. Check this out: http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...TOPIC_ID=13009