Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What did he say?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2005, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default What did he say?

You guys trying to squeeze out every bit of HP out of the PT, here's something to read...I don't understand ANY of it. [:I]

http://www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott...rsAcoustic.htm
Old 30 Aug 2005, 11:22 am
Cool Cruiser

Well, our PTs have a Helmholtz resonator, but it's used to quiet the intake roar. It's that lump in front of the air filter, above the battery. From the diagrams, they are talking about one that is AFTER the throttle, not before. Tuned intakes have been used for years, but as mentioned, it increases power over a narrow range, giving a peak (or covering a dip), not increasing HP over the entire usable RPM range. For a really wild intake system, check out the 7-series BMW. It has a really variable length intake and throttle-by-wire that doesn't operate a throttle plate. The computer varies the intake valve opening to adjust RPM.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 30 Aug 2005, 05:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Looks like we can put pneumatic springs under our pistons to make them bounce up and down faster just kiddin'
Old 30 Aug 2005, 09:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

You guys trying to squeeze out every bit of HP out of the PT, here's something to read...I don't understand ANY of it. [:I]

http://www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott...rsAcoustic.htm
From what I could tell by reading this, we would benefit greatly by adapting a Heisenberg Compensator into the matter stream [:I].
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 30 Aug 2005, 10:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Cal Cruzer

Quote:
From what I could tell by reading this, we would benefit greatly by adapting a Heisenberg Compensator into the matter stream [:I].
Darn, I just missed a great deal on eBay for that Heisenberg thing. Maybe another one will come up soon. [] But where the heck is the matter stream? [:I]

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 02:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

I want one of those matter streams......In chrome![|)]
Old 31 Aug 2005, 02:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

They use the Heisenberg Compensator on StarTrek, so you know it has to work.
After all we should be able to teleport the air right into & out of the combustion chambers without valves. HELL...better yet. Why not attach the HC to the car so we can teleport the entire car..NO GAS WASTED!!!

Or better yet, screw the car, why not just ourselves. Like they do in StarTrek.

I can see it now. The HC's become liek cell phones, but run by Microsoft. People would be trying to teleport themselves & the machine would either freeze, leaving you in limbo. A hacker would crew with everyones settigns & black men would come out white women. Umm, hey..wait a minute...MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So , i'm in a somber mood right now, so I had to type gibberish to try & cheer myself up.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 09:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Espresso....
Humor is for getting through the rough times. The moods will hit hard and fill you up but with time they will settle down again.

Hang in there.
Old 01 Sep 2005, 01:20 am
Cool Cruiser

But of course....Its all clear as mud!!! I misunderstand it all!