Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Warning light at acceleration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2005, 07:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Warning light at acceleration

In the morning when I go to work I have to stop at a T intersection to turn left. The road has a slight rise. When there is a lot of traffic coming, I have to stomp it to jump between 2 cars, but when I do the emergency brake warning light comes on for a second and beeps. Do I have a lose wire under the dash or something?
Old 02 Nov 2005, 07:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Check the brake fluid level in the resevoir, When your front disc brake pads start wearing down, the fluid level goes down to replacd the lost pad. When you accelerate, the remaining fluid sloshes around, and you get the warning light.

If the fluid level is low, you should be looking at how much pad is left on the front brakes.

SRG
Old 03 Nov 2005, 01:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptTurbo528

I HAD THIS PROBLEM...FIRST IT STARTED OUT WOTH MY MULTIFUNCTION SWICH WENT BAD TO MY HEADLIGHTS WERE STUCK ON THE HIGHBEAMS AND BEING I HAVE XENON HEADLIGHTS PEOPLE WERE A LITTLE PISSED OFF WITH ME BUT ANY WAYS BACK TO THE TOPIC MY CAR WAS UNDER WARRENTY SO I THOUGHT THAT THE BRAKE SWITCH WAS BAD FOR THE E-BRAKE SO I TOOK IT IN TO HAVE THE MULTIFUNTION SWITCH REPLACED AND TO HAVE THE BRAKE LIGHT CHECKED OUT WELL I GOT THE BILL FOR 40$ TO FIND OUT I WAS LOW ON BRAKE FLUID AND THEY TOPPED IT OFF THAT WAS THE MOST EXPENSIVE BRAKE FLUID I EVER BOUGHT WHAT HAPPEN UNDER ACCEL DECEL OR TURNING THE FLUID MOVE IN THE RESOVOIR AND UNCOVERD THE SENSOR SO CHECK THE FLUID AND SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY...
goldline coil springs custom exhaust done by yours truly..k&n typhoon intake..tinted windows member of ptcruiserclub.org..adjusted wasetgate. E&G classic billet grille. 600w alpine amp,2-twelve alpine typeR subs,alpine headunit.xeon headlights,fog lights.apc carbon fiber taillights. royal purple oil. k&n oil filter,mopar bov conversion,BTG strut tower brace....
Old 03 Nov 2005, 08:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree with above replies.
Just want to add, if you add fluid, when you change pads later you may overflow master cylinder. When light came on my '02 - just like yours, under acceleration - I just changed the pads - got Raybestos ceramic pads - much better stopping and NO DUST!
you can get the pads RockAuto.Com, PartsAmerica.Com, or NAPA's best.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Nov 2005, 12:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thanks gang. I think I'll look into getting new pads. Car has 33k on it so I must be due.

[8)] Cruise on!
Old 03 Nov 2005, 03:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

RAYBESTOS Part # PGD841QS
FRONT PAD SET {QUIETSTOP - CERAMIC} $54.79

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/cata...&parttype=1684
[?]
Old 03 Nov 2005, 10:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptTurbo528

I HAD THIS PROBLEM...FIRST IT STARTED OUT WOTH MY MULTIFUNCTION SWICH WENT BAD TO MY HEADLIGHTS WERE STUCK ON THE HIGHBEAMS AND BEING I HAVE XENON HEADLIGHTS PEOPLE WERE A LITTLE PISSED OFF WITH ME BUT ANY WAYS BACK TO THE TOPIC MY CAR WAS UNDER WARRENTY SO I THOUGHT THAT THE BRAKE SWITCH WAS BAD FOR THE E-BRAKE SO I TOOK IT IN TO HAVE THE MULTIFUNTION SWITCH REPLACED AND TO HAVE THE BRAKE LIGHT CHECKED OUT WELL I GOT THE BILL FOR 40$ TO FIND OUT I WAS LOW ON BRAKE FLUID AND THEY TOPPED IT OFF THAT WAS THE MOST EXPENSIVE BRAKE FLUID I EVER BOUGHT WHAT HAPPEN UNDER ACCEL DECEL OR TURNING THE FLUID MOVE IN THE RESOVOIR AND UNCOVERD THE SENSOR SO CHECK THE FLUID AND SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY...
ptTurbo, when you use capitals, we all take it as you are SHOUTING!!
Please use lower case, unless it is a true SHOUT!!!
Old 22 Nov 2005, 12:26 am
Senior Cruiser

If you have it, could it be your traction control kicking in? This causes the brakes to be applied to prevent tire spin.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 22 Nov 2005, 05:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OurPTGT

If you have it, could it be your traction control kicking in? This causes the brakes to be applied to prevent tire spin.
Traction contol has it's own warning light that flashes when it kicks in .
[8)]

Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com