Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Coolant Problems?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Nov 2005, 03:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Coolant Problems?

After my last oil change I realised my PT doesn't run at the normal Hot level, it sits at the notch just below the middle one. It normally drives at the middle notch. Not sure way this may have happened. I use the same oil each time and replace the filter at the time too. I had the coolant system flushed at 40 or 50k can't really remember but it hasn't been too long ago.

Any suggestions?
Old 16 Nov 2005, 07:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

My sons corsica for years would read all over the place on temp. Her it was the gage. I think cooler is better than hotter.

Gonz
Old 16 Nov 2005, 07:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Colby,

That's where my needle sits all the time (right below half)..(except when the fan motor burnt out and it went all the way to the red), so I think yours was a little "hot" before the flush and now it's reading correctly. [:I]

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 08:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would not worry about it unless your gas mileage goes down. My Cruiser sits between the middle line and one right under it. Cause i put in a cooler thermo when my original thermo stuck open. When I use the A/C or when I get into stop and go driving it raises to the middle line and stays there.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 09:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

im sure its fine, like mentioned before if it was on the high side then you would have something to worry about
Old 17 Nov 2005, 08:55 am
Senior Cruiser

Well I guess I won't worry about it then.
I got starteld when it didn't sit where it always had in the past, so I thought I would ask others.
Thanks
Old 17 Nov 2005, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My '06 sits a little more than a needle width below 1/2 way.

Have you noticed that you really have to press hard to get your horn button to work? I had mine replaced already. Talked to the Service Manager who has a '06 limited, and he said, "I have to press with both hands to get the horn to blow". He ins't real happy with his either!!![xx(]
Old 22 Nov 2005, 02:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hooligan,
Not really my horn got replaced with my finger along time ago, but the next time I get a chance to hit the horn, like when I leave work tonight, I will check it out.

But my Pt otherwise seems to run actually a little better, I guess it took an oil change to get my coolant back to normal levels after the flush to the system.

Thanks for all the sugestions everyone.