PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Putting an srt-4 turbo or PT turbo, onto a N/A PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2005, 04:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Carchrism5
Default Putting an srt-4 turbo or PT turbo, onto a N/A PT

i have a 2001 N/A with a new engine in it (about 10k miles) i need more power but i have too much in the car to trade it in for a GT. So realistically what do i need to put the turbo from the GT/ srt-4 on it, i know alot of people with srt-4's are taking off the turbos for bigger ones, if i can get the turbo what else would i need and realistically how much $$$$ am i looking at, i know it can be done because i have seen it i just don't know how
Or would it be better to do a hahn turbo or jackson racing supercharger. the only thing is i dont wanna spend 2500 just for the s/c or turbo and then have to get it installed. would it be possible to do the srt-4/ GT turbo for around 1k?
Old 12 Dec 2005, 03:14 am
Fanatic Cruiser

While it might be 'possible' to use the SRT-4/GT turbo on an N/A PT, it would be a bad idea. The engine used in the SRT-4/GT is substantially different from the N/A engine. If you want more power in your N/A PT, do yourself a favor and go with the Hahn.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 12:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptTurbo528

THE OTHER THING YOU SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH IS THE FACT...WILL THE BOTTOM END HOLD UP TO THE STRESS THAT THE BOOST AND POWER OF THE GT'S TURBO OR THE SRT4'S....IT MAY AND IT MAY NOT CUZ YOUR LOOKIN TO MAKE A N/A PT PUSH AS MUCH POWER AS THE REST OF US ARE.IF YOU DO THIS AND IT DOES WORK BUT YOU END UP BLOWIN A MOTOR YOU WILL BE OUT MORE $ THAN 2500$....SO BE CAREFUL AND HAVE FUN ...
goldline coil springs custom exhaust done by yours truly..k&n typhoon intake..tinted windows member of ptcruiserclub.org..adjusted wasetgate. E&G classic billet grille. 600w alpine amp,2-twelve alpine typeR subs,alpine headunit.xeon headlights,fog lights.apc carbon fiber taillights. royal purple oil. k&n oil filter,mopar bov conversion,BTG strut tower brace....