Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
torque converter/warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Dec 2005, 11:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default torque converter/warranty

Hi all. I'm a newbie here. My girlfriend's 2002 auto tranny died (torque converter) after only 30K miles!!! Is this common? Her father gave it to her and of course the 3/36 warranty has ended. We can't seem to find out definitively if the 7/70 k warranty was standard in 2002...Very unhappy as you can imagine. Especially since the 1963 Chevrolet Impala I drive everyday has an old Saginaw standard 3-speed with nearly 200K and has never been rebuilt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 14 Dec 2005, 09:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome.
Depends on when the PT was sold - I had an '02 with only 3/36, but they did offer 7/70 on some '02s.
Coupla things with autos - there's a pin that works loose and pretty well chews up everything, and solenoid packs die and can be replaced separately.
Hope for you it's the solenoid packs...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 14 Dec 2005, 11:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If the owners manual is in the car, you may be able to find out the warranty coverage in it.

My tranny died in my '02 and was rebuilt using the extended warranty (well worth the money IMHO) but I belive it was covered under the regular warranty.

You should be able to find the build date on the sticker on the drivers side front door. Mine was built 4-'02. Good Luck and welcome.[^]
Old 15 Dec 2005, 06:43 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

We ordered our 2002 in April and took delivery in May of 2002 and the 7/70,000 drive train warranty was in effect at that time. Have a Chrysler dealer run the V.I.N. and they will be able to tell you if it's under the 7/70,000 warranty.
Del Val PT Cruisers