Advertisements
TRANS FLUID TYPE?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptTurbo528
Default TRANS FLUID TYPE?

I HAVE A 03 GT AND JUST WANT TO TOP OFF MT ATF BUT MY OWNERS MANUAL SAYS ATF+4 WHATEVER THAT IS I THINK IT IS CALLING FOR DEXRON 4 SO DOES ANT BODY KNOW IS THERE A DEXRON 4 OR IS IT SAFE TO USE DEXRON 3 AND MIX THE 2...THANKS BRIAN
Old 15 Dec 2005, 09:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Brian,

Chrysler is very particular about which oil goes in the trans. Make sure it says ATF+4 on the can/bottle or the all synthetic fluid that some are calling ATF+5.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 11:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

First of all, stop shouting. (ALL CAPS!) It's rude. Secondly, if you put Dexron in your transmission, you may as well start saving your pennies now, because you will be buying a new trans, and it won't be covered. Why do you need to "top it off" anyway? It's a closed system, and if you need fluid, there is a larger problem, and you should take it to your dealer and have them look at it. If it's not leaking, what's the point? Either way, USE ATF+4! ( I know, I was shouting)....
Old 16 Dec 2005, 10:22 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[xx(]O brother.....................
Old 16 Dec 2005, 10:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rszappa1

[xx(]O brother.....................
..your gonna have one heck of a headache doing that.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 10:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[8]So are the people that still dont understand what fluid to use in the Automatic.....and what happens if you dont.....
Old 17 Dec 2005, 12:15 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

[8]So are the people that still dont understand what fluid to use in the Automatic.....and what happens if you dont.....
There will always be new comers on any of the forums (I go to 8 different forums) that will ask questions that have been asked before. We can either tell em to do a search or give a quick answer.

Old 17 Dec 2005, 12:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[:0]Or better yet Read The owners Manual. There is a lot of good stuff in there including what tranny fluid to use.....
Old 17 Dec 2005, 03:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

[:0]Or better yet Read The owners Manual. There is a lot of good stuff in there including what tranny fluid to use.....
Good advice...except there's a heck of a lot of people that buy their PT used without a manual. Personally, I always buy the original manual and try to get hold of a Haynes Manual for a better detailed look. I look through eBay too for a shop manual.

The first post did say he looked in the Owners Manual and it said ATF+4...but he wanted to know if he could mix some other stuff or use something else.

Old 03 Jan 2006, 03:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

Quote:

Good advice...except there's a heck of a lot of people that buy their PT used without a manual. Personally, I always buy the original manual and try to get hold of a Haynes Manual for a better detailed look. I look through eBay too for a shop manual.

The first post did say he looked in the Owners Manual and it said ATF+4...but he wanted to know if he could mix some other stuff or use something else.
And remember Lee Myles and Aamco franchisees have kids to feed and need folks to screw up their trannys by using the wrong fluid.

Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com