PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
new plugs and wires look tough to change???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Apr 2006, 04:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default new plugs and wires look tough to change???

i want to chane my spark plugs and cables,but it looks like alot of work,not to easy.look guys i been working on cars for years,but this is the first with front wheel drive!!! there is no room.can someone help me??there must be a easy way,please help....JIM
Old 03 Apr 2006, 06:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Remove the Air Intake Manifold (I assume you have a NA), hold it up with a bungee cord. Remove & replace plugs (gapped at .04.) use antisieze on plugs, and dielectric grease on both ends of the "boots". Torque plugs to 13 ft lbs, torque intake manifold to 105 inch lbs using the following pattern, all snug then:
5 3 1 2 4

Good Luck!!!
Old 03 Apr 2006, 07:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Hopefully, you can get into this Imagestation link I posted here. Just follow step by step and you'll get right through it. If you have a newer model, you won't have the EGR pipe in the back of the upper manifold (that is one of the hardest parts). Good luck.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291473219

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 09:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, it beats the "back 3" on some transverse V6s....[:0]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 04 Apr 2006, 12:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Well, it beats the "back 3" on some transverse V6s....[:0]
Or like several muscle cars which required removing wheels and fender liners to get at the some plugs.

Of course, with some of those beasts it was worth it.

At least with the PT you can take some comfort in knowing that with good plugs and wires you won't have to do it again for a very long time, unlike the bad old days where tuneups were needed every couple thousand miles.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 09 Apr 2006, 05:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i just installed MAGSTAR 8.5mm pro 100 super inductive race wire,i bought the yellow ones,and installed ,Champion#7570 plugs,gap at#40,i am real happy with the results.it sure made a difference.i got to thank"CREWZIN",he made it so easy with his instructions and pics.guys it is pretty easy to do.neve took much time ,less than a hour.think of all the money i saved$$$$.thanks again for all the help from everyone.this is what it is all about,helping each other
[IMG].. .. step pad,splash guards,rear spoiler,chrome grill,backup lights trim rings,tail lights,chrome door moldings,pin stripes,chrome gas door,duel exhaust,sun deflector for sunroof,hood lift kit,air intake system,polished strut tower bar,new plug wires
Old 09 Apr 2006, 07:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Jim,

Glad it all worked out for you but I can only take credit for posting the link. Someone else made up the Imagestation album and took all the pictures and wrote the instructions. I saved it and will post it to anyone who needs help changing the wires and plugs.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.