Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hella fog lights question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2006, 07:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hella fog lights question

My PT did not come with the Hella factory fog lights and I'd like to install a pair. I removed the black plastic caps in the fog light openings to find the wires are already in place. Could it be that installing them is as simple as mounting the lights and snapping the electrical connectors togther? I assumed there would have to be some kind of modification necessary for the fog light on/off switch, but the dealer told me over the phone that the fog lights will just come on with the low beams. Has anyone installed there own fog lights, and is it as easy as it seems?
Thanks.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 07:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I would think you would have to buy the multifunction stalk that has the on/off function for the fog lights. They don't just come on with the low beams, the end of the stalk has to pulled out to activate the fogs when either the running lights or low beams are on.
Old 05 Apr 2006, 10:43 am
Cool Cruiser

The kit for this comes with the foglights, the switch, a harness and some fasteners. The instructions show how to check for pre-wired cars. If yours is already pre-wired, the lights and switch are it. If yours has wiring for the lights but not the switch (like mine), the gauges and fuse box need to be removed to run the wiring. It's much more work. I've done 2 now, but I've worked on cars for many years.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 17 Jun 2010, 11:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Hella fog lights question

tried to install one before but i had problems with the clearance so i had to grind some plastic out to correct the problem. but its good you chose hella parts, you'll never go wrong.

Last edited by daviddrift; 21 Jun 2010 at 09:00 pm.