PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Replacing Thermostat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Feb 2007, 08:42 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Replacing Thermostat

Is this typical at 61-63 thousand some odd miles??

[:I]

What is the OEM thermostat rating 190 degrees or 195? I searched and it came back with two possibilities.
Old 05 Feb 2007, 11:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Here's another option that some of us have done
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...TOPIC_ID=15259
03 Dream Cruiser, Autostick, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, 4MAXX Fabrication Downpipe, Intake & Turbo Charge Air Pipes, AGP Wastegate Actuator & Motor Mounts, 225/45R17 Avenger tires on factory rims, Mopar Subwoofer, MRK Headlight Eyelids,PTeazer Teardrop Tailights,Euro Style Reverse Lights, Screamin\' Demon Coil, LiveWires plug wires, Autolite Iridium Plugs, Hyper Ground, BTG Intake & Cat Back
Old 05 Feb 2007, 01:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

I tried to buy coolant at an Discount Auto Parts and Napa. They both told me that it was universal that all makes require the same, yeah ok, don't try to jerk around some one that actually knows their car. I have to take a trip to the dealer and mix it myself from their one gallon jug and distilled water. Per the manual it states uses specific coolant and mix with high quality water like distilled when filling.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 03:46 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Replacing Thermostat

I think you may try to read this from wikianswer guys for some informations about that..WikiAnswers - You have got a 190 degree thermostat in your car if you put a 180 degree thermostat in will it run cooler
Hope this help you a little guys....

Old 26 Feb 2009, 08:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKole02 View Post
Is this typical at 61-63 thousand some odd miles??
Thermostats have no regular lifespan - they quit randomly - like alternators, starters - in my experience. Of course, the likelihood goes up with age/miles..
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Feb 2009, 01:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKole02 View Post
I tried to buy coolant at an Discount Auto Parts and Napa. They both told me that it was universal that all makes require the same, yeah ok, don't try to jerk around some one that actually knows their car. I have to take a trip to the dealer and mix it myself from their one gallon jug and distilled water. Per the manual it states uses specific coolant and mix with high quality water like distilled when filling.

I am only hoping you were kidding about going to the dealer and mixing your own
There is no freaking way i am going to play that game what can be SO SPECIAL that wal mart or auto zone or oriley does not cover it----and really all the distilled or RO or soft water does is to get the minerals out of the water-
I think mine is the orange stuff, so when its time ill flush the system and refill it with some more of that orange stuff from oriley