PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Suspension Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2002, 04:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Suspension Issues

Hi everyone,

my name is Sean and I just purchased a RHD 2002 Steel Blue 5-spd Touring 2.0 Cruiser which is on the way to Singapore as I write. I have been trying to find a company that does 'Coil-Over' Suspension kits for the car. The best lowering kit I have come across so far is from the PROGRESS GROUP which offers a camber correction kit to sort out all geometry issues. Still, I feel that with extensive adjustability, a coil-over set-up offers the best of everything and I wouldn't mind paying more for the added piece of mind. Can anyone help me address this issue?

Thanks!!

Seanyboy

Old 10 Jan 2002, 04:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

adsjustable coilovers are great. and the way to go if you need to vary your ride hight. I have put a lot on civics, jettas, integras....and so on. But after about a month of changing them up and down, they get left alone some mildly droped some all the way down.. but the effort loses its apeal after a wile. SO.... my sugestion is to fnd your ride hight that you like and can live with and save a lot of money and buy the springs that will put your cruiser at the hight you want!!!

2001 Touring
smoked back up lights, red turn signals, adjustable antenna,LED washers, pedal covers
Old 12 Jan 2002, 08:11 am
Fanatic Cruiser

http://www.cruisertuning.de/ lists coil over shocks for the PT.

2002 Almond Pearl Limited Edition 27K
Old 14 Jan 2002, 02:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks Crash. U are absolutely right about the added cost of coil-overs being an issue. I was thinking of shocking the track boys with the PT, but I think I'll stick to renting an actual track car instead. Over in Malaysia, U can rent a Group N Proton Satria GTi for 880 Ringgit a day which works to be less than US$200.00...not bad eh?

Quote:
quote:
adsjustable coilovers are great. and the way to go if you need to vary your ride hight. I have put a lot on civics, jettas, integras....and so on. But after about a month of changing them up and down, they get left alone some mildly droped some all the way down.. but the effort loses its apeal after a wile. SO.... my sugestion is to fnd your ride hight that you like and can live with and save a lot of money and buy the springs that will put your cruiser at the hight you want!!!

2001 Touring
smoked back up lights, red turn signals, adjustable antenna,LED washers, pedal covers