Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A/C, power steering question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jun 2007, 08:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default A/C, power steering question

I lost my power steering on my '03 PT yesterday as well as the A/C. I know that they both use the same drive belt. The dealership now tells me that the A/C Compressor seized up, causing the drive belt to break. How do I know that it simply wasn't that the belt broke?

Also, when I lifted to hood, the power steering fluid cap was missing. I'd had the vehicle serviced two weeks before. The dealership said that it's just a coincidence, I wouldn't have these problems just because the cap is missing.

Am I being zoomed here?
Old 20 Jun 2007, 02:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: A/C, power steering question

It is highly likely that the "lost" cap could be the cause. Was there P/S oil dripping or laying around on the engine area. Take pictures in case you have to hold the dealer by the ba!!s to get them to rectify the situation.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 20 Jun 2007, 09:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: A/C, power steering question

Thanks for the reply. I am suspicious as well. It seems too coincidental. However, I will say that when I realized that the cap was missing I tried to put a bottle of power steering fluid into the reservoir and it hardly took any before it topped off, leading me to think that there was still sufficient fluid.

I do remain very suspicious of the dealership's servicing. I will be asking lots of questions.