Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Possible Battery Problem ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jul 2007, 07:05 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Question Possible Battery Problem ?

Ok. Three times in the past 7-10 days I have went to start my Cruiser and I get that definite drag, or even no responses at first, that you tend to associate with a failing battery. To date, it has finally started after a couple tries. I took it to Autozone yesterday and they put a load test on the battery and it appeared to test fine. Now I am not sure if replacing the battery will resolve the problem. The battery is the original and I have had the car for 4 years 3 months. I tested for error codes and came back clean. Any input would be appreciated.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 02 Jul 2007, 07:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Possible Battery Problem ?

John, I think it is time to change the battery. When you get a hesitation like that even tho the battery checks out, it has just about maxed out. 4 1/2 years original is a long time. Autozone may be willing to put one in to see if it helps.
Good Luck

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 02 Jul 2007, 08:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Possible Battery Problem ?

I suspect that in driving it to the Autozone you charged it enought that it appeared fine. 4 1/2 years is all you're going to get....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles