Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
p1594 " charging system voltage to high"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jul 2007, 03:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default p1594 " charging system voltage to high"

My battery light, abs,trac off lights all just came on and started flickering! the radio also started cutting in and out. All I could on the error code was just the code description, "charging system voltage too high"! What does this mean?? Is it the battery or worse... the alternator?? please help!!
Old 05 Jul 2007, 04:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: p1594 " charging system voltage to high"

I looked all around for a more detailed explanation but only came up with more words of the same description:

P15XX - VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL AND IDLE CONTROL SYSTEM
P1594 Battery voltage sense input above target charging voltage during engine operation.

Most states have places like "Battery Warehouse" that will test your charging system for free. Maybe even Pep Boys and Auto Zone. Try to get to one of those places and see if they can diagnose the exact problem. Give them a call first to see if they carry the testing equipment.
Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks!! It must be a rare code!! I checked all over the internet!! I did find a smaltl article when I searched under voltage regulator. I found out that it is a part of the PCM!! that made be feel ill as i know that is a big $$$$$$ item, that from what I understand is a dealer only item!! is that true??? I will take your advice first and get a test done at autozone! thanks for checking things out!! I hope it is a battery issue (cheap fix)!!!
Old 05 Jul 2007, 05:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) for our particular vehicle is only available through the dealer because Chrysler considers the programming a highly regarded secret. Don't know the exact price but I would venture a guess of around $500. I did need a replacement for my Corvette once and it ran $400.
Old 05 Jul 2007, 06:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I kinda figured that would be the case!! I purchased an extended warranty from the dealer. It's a 2001, so I thought it would be a good idea. It has a$100 deductable. As I mentioned, I will follow your suggestion and let autozone check the charging system. I called and they will do it for FREE!!! I will let you know what happpens!! Thanks Crewzin!!!
Old 06 Jul 2007, 02:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

let us know what happens !!
Old 18 Jul 2007, 04:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

SorryI took so long to get back with a follow up (pc died). Guess what? It was the battery!! Autozone ran a test, and within 10 minutes they had installed the new battery!! I really did not think it was the battery! I never had a problem starting!! go figure!! Thanks for the help!! I was getting scared!!
Old 15 May 2012, 04:17 am
Fresh Cruiser

My battery light, abs,trac off lights all just came on and started flickering. Just like yours russ00001 so I turn the switch on three times to get the code, it was P1594 I look too this forum for help. Like always the answer was right here. Thank to you and fellow member on PT Cruiser forum for your help, I took my 02 Dream to autozone this morning and it was a bad battary. So I replace it, and now averything is fine. My baby is back to her old self Thank you guys, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Old 15 May 2012, 06:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad you got it sorted out but I have to tell you that you started off by talking to a guy (russ00001) who hasn't been on the forum for abut 5 years. If you look on the upper left hand corner of each post it will tell you when it was posted and all the postings before you were back in 2007.
Old 16 May 2012, 03:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

I'm sorry CREWZIN it was your advice first too get the battary tested at autozone. And I want to think you personaly, For your advice. I come to PT Cruiser Forum because I don't know nothing about this car and you guys have so much information, I don't care when someone post information about what I need to know of learn about this car. When the PT first came out I wanted one, but in 02 I just got laid off after 16yrs of service. When I got a full-Time job after 6yrs of working part-time when I could find it, I saw this 02 Dream cruizer it had 62,000 miles on it. I got it for $7.000 in 08 and the people who had it took good care of it. 6yrs and only 62,000 miles, So think you and the guys for your help because I don't have no other people who understand my feeling about this car.