Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
No heat since repir

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2007, 10:16 am
Young Cruiser

Question No heat since repir

I finally picked up my Pt from Chrysler. It has been in for repair x2 d/t overheating. This last time they put a new thermostat and radiator on her. Well I test drove it for a hour. Did the start stop, went thru drive thru, sat with it just running with a/c on. It finally did not overheat. I tried the heater, I now have no heat. It gets cold here in Cincinnati. Does anyone have an idea what chrysler may have done wrong this time? I dropped my car off again last night. Thanks again!
Old 25 Jul 2007, 02:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: No heat since repir

no idea sorry but keep us posted !!
Old 25 Jul 2007, 03:03 pm
Young Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: No heat since repir

I examined the old radiator, which I insisted I get the old parts. They didn't give them to me when they replaced the fan. I noticed thick light orange sludge at the connection. Soooo, Chrysler called to tell me it is the heater core and water pump. I informed him the heat worked before I took it in for overheating. I used heat to cool car per manuel. I then told him about the sludge in radiator and asked why it was sooo dirty if they just flushed and put new coolant in less than a week ago. " Sometimes that happens." He stated the core and pump were clogged. I then said how much is this going to cost me? " NOTHING".. Parts are ordered should be back on the road friday at the latest. WOO HOO!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 01:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

How many miles on your PT? If they're really going to do the water pump, ask how much to have timing belt replaced - which should be done at about 100,000 miles.
I think you caught them short-changing you, and now they're making up for it by doing it right.
The labor to get at water pump is nearly the same as for timing belt.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 30 Jul 2007, 02:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

keep us posted how it goes
Old 30 Jul 2007, 06:44 pm
Young Cruiser

Talking Re: No heat since repir

I got my baby back today. I only drove it from the dealer to home. I had a/c and heat! So , now I have a new fan, radiator, thermostat, heater core, tie rods and water pump. I will really try her out tomorrow. Hopefully she will not overheat. My pt has 86,000 miles. They already had her back together when I got the post about the timing belt. They gave me a Pacifica to drive, loner car. Thats a big suv. The steering was so quick. When I picked my PT up, I was amazed at the difference. Does everyone else have " stiff" steering.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 11:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Don't ask your dealer about the stiff steering, they'll try and sell you a steering pump. Kim, trying going about 2-3 pounds of air over the recommended pressure on your door sticker. That should loosen up the steering.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 12:16 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks for the tip! Will give it a shot. Now I need to get new tires before the snow flies. Any suggestions?
Old 01 Aug 2007, 12:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMS CRUZER View Post
Any suggestions?

Move down here