Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Multifunction switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2007, 12:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Multifunction switch

I have a 2006 PT with 15000 mile. Recently I had two problems. First, the dash lights dimmed when I turned on the right (not the left) turn signal. Second, the car hesitated significantly when accelerating from a stop (the engine did not stall but the car went slower the more I pressed the accelerator Ė Iím sure it was not a slipping transmission). I pulled over for a minute and then all was fine. The dealer replaced the multifunction switch and that solved the light problem. But they told me that the acceleration problem was also caused by the multitask switch. Has this happened to anyone? Does that make sense? How are the two related?
Old 03 Aug 2007, 08:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Multifunction switch

Welcome to the forum,

No it doesn't make sense that the multifunction switch has anything to do with your hesitation and almost stalling BUT, after the replaced it and your lights worked, did the hesitation go away? You didn't say weather it cleared up or not.

If the hesitation went away, that's a new one to remember when someone else has a problem. My bet is they found something else really simple like a loose wire or vacuum hose and fixed it without telling you.

Second guess would be a bad/burnt wire from the multifunction switch was shorting out something else that has to do with the ignition. When they replaced the switch, the short no longer caused a problem.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.