Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
01 PT Running Rough

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Aug 2007, 10:59 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 01 PT Running Rough

Please Help! I have a 2001 PT Limited Edition that I purchased 2 yrs ago, my car has 118,000 miles. I just recently had a tune-up done with Firestone because my PT started idling and running rough, I would even lose power while driving. I couldn't drive over 40 mph or the car would start to shake and misfire. Firestone changed my spark plugs and did a chemical flush to the car. its now been 5 days and my car start idling and running rough again. Do you have any advise on what is cause my PT to do this.

Thanks!
Old 16 Aug 2007, 02:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 01 PT Running Rough

take it back to firestone
Old 16 Aug 2007, 02:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Did they change the ignition wires? Has the car been through the Timing Chain/water pump/tensioner change? Has the transaxle ever been flushed?

All these things need to be done to keep the cruiser running a long life.

First things first. Your problem is probably the spark plug wires, if they didn't change them when they did your plugs.

Oh yea, WELCOME to the forum.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi Crewzin,

thanks for your responding, I plan to return my car back to Firestone today. When they did my tune-up on my PT my ignition wires were not changed. They said that the wires were ok and I didn't need to change them. I did notice also when I turn on my Air Conditioning it makes my PT to idle more rough.

thanks again!
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hi Bobo Turbo PT,

Yes! am going to take my PT back today, hopefully I will have better results to share with everyone who may have the same experience.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Luck594,

If you haven't left yet for teh Firestone dealer, take a look at the other threads under this Tech & Performance Forum and see that others have been having the same problem with rough idle especially with the A/C on. That might give you some insight with your problem and what to tell the techs at Firestone.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.