Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
MP3 Players?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Sep 2007, 05:28 pm
Young Cruiser

Default MP3 Players?

I got my '02 PT and found that it had the premium stereo (cd and cassette), but no aux input jack for my MP3 player. My wife has the '06 PT and it has the jack. So my question is, what can I do, short of switching out the whole stereo? I've tried the FM transmitter, and it's crap. I'd be okay with a cable sticking out of the dashboard even, so long as I can listen to my tunes. What've you guys done?

Thanks
SAJ
Old 04 Sep 2007, 12:19 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: MP3 Players?

I don't know what radio you might have but here is an OEM kit for a ipod. I've never used it so I can't tell you how well it works but....Ipod Adapter
Old 04 Sep 2007, 12:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If you got the cassette player you are in luck... there are cassette adapters like this one:

RadioShack.com - Portable Music: Accessories: MP3 player accessories: AccurianŽ Cassette Adapter for CD and MP3 Players

available at most decent electronics stores.

While there is some loss of sound quality, you can get pretty good (cassette quality, not CD quality) sound once you find the right volume setting on your MP3 player (crank the mp3 player volume too high and you get distortion, too low and you get noise).

I have found the cassette adapters less prone to interference then the fm transmitters... and there is the advantage that the cassette adapter requires no power other then the headphone-level output from the MP3 player.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 05 Sep 2007, 06:12 am
Young Cruiser

I got one of those...The problem is that it keeps flipping sides. This may sound like a stupid question, but does it matter what brand of cassette adapter you get? Do the cheeper ones do this? Or does it sound like my cassette player is fried? I don't actually own any cassettes anymore to test it (sad, I know).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz_t_coyote View Post
If you got the cassette player you are in luck... there are cassette adapters like this one:

RadioShack.com - Portable Music: Accessories: MP3 player accessories: AccurianŽ Cassette Adapter for CD and MP3 Players

available at most decent electronics stores.

While there is some loss of sound quality, you can get pretty good (cassette quality, not CD quality) sound once you find the right volume setting on your MP3 player (crank the mp3 player volume too high and you get distortion, too low and you get noise).

I have found the cassette adapters less prone to interference then the fm transmitters... and there is the advantage that the cassette adapter requires no power other then the headphone-level output from the MP3 player.
Old 05 Sep 2007, 09:19 am
Young Cruiser

It seems like I had a deck that would freak out when I put one of those adapters in it too. Your deck may need cleaning or it might just not work with an adapter like that :dunno

Stop at a Big Lots (or equivalent ) and pick up a .99 cent cassette .... that is if they even carry tapes anymore???
Old 06 Sep 2007, 06:13 am
Fresh Cruiser

Regarding cassette adapters........Sony is the only decent one......