Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How to make my PT more powerful...?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default How to make my PT more powerful...?

Hey guys...
I'm new here..
I have owned a PT for a couple of years now (from 2002), and for some reason it wasn't even driven for a long period of time. Then I decided to invest some money in it and really make it look good in my taste.. I did a lot of modification, mostly visual....
My PT is 2002 Limited edition 2.0L (european), and it really is a great car.. Except - IT IS SLOW!

I would really like to hear what are my options to make my PT much more powerful... I know there is a supercharger kit, but I suppose its not really worth it, not very safe and reliable...
Is there a way I can put a new and different engine in my PT? Perhaps a PT's GT engine, or even something more powerful, like srt-6 or something with more than 3.0L.? Would that be doable? Any of you done it this way?

Please give me some advice regarding this, and excuse me for being a bit of newbie in this..

Thank you very much!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: How to make my PT more powerful...?

First off, welcome.
Where are you? There are PT forums all over the world (I'm on a UK and Australian PT Forum myself) and they'd be better qualified to speak to the 2.0 engine.
There are cams, intakes, etc - but I'm not sure what of the 2.4 engine directly bolts to the 2.0.
What might be the easiest is to contact Hahn
Hahn Racecraft - Automotive Turbosystems
And if you can use their turbo kit, keep the boost low enough and you won't blow your engine.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles