Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
how to upgrade performance of my PT ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Oct 2007, 01:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default how to upgrade performance of my PT ?

are there any "little fixes" that I can do to get a little more power out of my little car? or to simply upgrade aspects of the engine so that I get better performace.

Keep in mind this is a 2006 4 CL Touring Edition...im not looking to spend a TON of money...I was just wondering if there are LITTLE alterations that can be made to say help with gas milage....or Horse Power...etc...

since I NOW know that those "chips" on ebay are BOGUS

thanks in advance guys
Old 03 Oct 2007, 02:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: how to upgrade performance of my PT ?

I also have a 2006 NA, I put new plugs & wires on at 500 miles because of a miss in the engine (approx. $100). I also purchased a Airaid intake system about $180. Others have replaced the stock air filter with K&N drop in Filter.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar

Last edited by Hooligan; 03 Oct 2007 at 02:30 pm.
Old 04 Oct 2007, 07:37 am
Regular Cruiser

yea I was debating the air intake and the filter....are the "cheap" versions on ebay worth it?
Old 04 Oct 2007, 08:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you go "CHEAP" that is what you will end up with, a CHEAP looking car and you will be replacing it all to make it look "GOOD". Not sure if you are planning on showing your car or not, but save your money so you can afford the GOOD parts in the first place. Go to a few car show and see what is available and then see what you can afford.

With my 2006 NA I have been lucky enough to win awards in every one of the shows I have attended, the last two being the Virginia National PT Cruiser car show (3rd) and the following weekend an award at the Orange County (FL) Sheriff's Office, 4th Annual 9/11 Memorial Car Show.

I have chrome accessories on my PT and that is what I think it is judged on. I have purchased them over the past 2 years, I felt I couldn't afford everything at once. Take your time and do it right. Yes, I am a immature 68 year old male. Good Luck!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 04 Oct 2007, 05:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

I guess by cheap I mean....not $200 for an air filter LOL you know?

yea I'm not looking to make it trashy LOL DEF not....thanks though I really appreciate yours and EVERYONE's help..

keep the info coming...GREATLY appreciated