Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Engine Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2007, 10:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Engine Issues

I have been experiencing an engine hesistation at idle for a while. I have changed the plugs and wires before and it went away for a while and came back. This time i used crane firewire and champion double platinum plugs and the problem is still there. Any ideas? Its a 2004 non turbo. I am so tired of this problem i hope someone can help.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 11:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Engine Issues

injector cleaner ??
Old 13 Oct 2007, 06:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Try NGK platinum........
Old 13 Oct 2007, 08:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

I havent tried any injector cleaner yet. Is there one that is recommended more than others? I just add that in the fuel tank right?

Why would the NGK plugs be any different?
Old 13 Oct 2007, 09:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

You stated that after you replaced the plugs and wires the problem went away for a while. I reckon your Champions are fouling or failing. Try NGK...they"re the best in my opinion. Years ago I tried Champions in a Merc. The engine would not run. Tried a different set..same problem. Won"t cost much to try anyhow ?? Won"t hurt to mix some injector cleaner with the fuel...don"t expect quick results though.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 04:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have always used champion platinums and the problem went away for a while. But this time i used double platinum and the problem is the same as before i changed them. But maybe ill try another brand. The engine at idle with a/c on kind of boggs down for a second sometimes. The strange thing is that the problem is normally fixed with this but not this time.

Also another question, maybe this has something to do with it. When i installed the plug wires on 2 and 3 the wire boots wouldnt sit flush like 1 and 4. It was close but the was a small gap. I tried pushing them in hard and thats as close as i could get them. Is that normal?
Old 13 Oct 2007, 08:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Not normal!!! You should hear a audible "click" as the boot insert clicks over the plug.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Oct 2007, 08:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Too right Hooligan...ALL electrical connections must be a tight fit.....
Old 13 Oct 2007, 08:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

They clicked but on those 2 plugs the boot didnt sit exactly flush with the top of the motor. The outter 2 plugs did though. I pushed hard down on them and nada.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 08:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Also i forgot to add that when this happens the a/c will blow hot and then once driving get cold again.