Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
07 plugs and wires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2007, 08:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question 07 plugs and wires

Do the 07 still have the problem with plugs and wires, just checking before I start pulling them
Old 13 Nov 2007, 10:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: 07 plugs and wires

I have an '06 we bought new and my wife has about 34k miles now. The wife was complaining about some hesitation upon excelleration and was missing a little bit at idle so talking with the service manager at the dealership he suggested a $200 tune up. So I'm doing my own for about $66.

So if the previous model years only got about 20k on their plugs/wires then my '06 did much better!
Old 13 Nov 2007, 11:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

I changed the plugs, 8.5mm wires and K&N filter. She moves out now an gas milage has gone up. I have had so much trouble with Chrysler service I my never purchase another car from them. All the mechanics have no brains,
all the can tell you is (if it shows no code it ant broke)
Old 13 Nov 2007, 11:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes good mechanics are hard to find. I've been pretty fortunate with the dealership I work by have taken pretty good care of me with the warranty stuff but like I said they wanted to charge me $200 for a tune up when I can do it for $66 and a little bit of my time which I don't mind doing.

The good thing is I found this forum and have gotten pretty good info here.

I've been thinking about the K&N filter but it's so pricey compared to a fram or something.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 11:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

The extra money for the K&N is a good ivestment, do not forget to disconnect the neg battery cable for 5+ minutes after you make changes.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 01:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06PT View Post
I have an '06 we bought new and my wife has about 34k miles now. The wife was complaining about some hesitation upon excelleration and was missing a little bit at idle so talking with the service manager at the dealership he suggested a $200 tune up. So I'm doing my own for about $66.

So if the previous model years only got about 20k on their plugs/wires then my '06 did much better!
Per the book tuneups are every 30k so plugs lasting 34k is no biggie. I've seen wires go out in less than 12k so if you are replacing with more OEM wires you could still have a problem down the road. Crane, MSD and Magnecor are aftermarket wires that lots of people use.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 13 Nov 2007, 03:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Mean Green, I'm replacing them with Napa parts. Beldin wires and Autolite double platinum. The wires come with a lifetime warranty.

I hope they're good. Has anybody else used them?

Thanks for the tip about resetting the battery cable. I didn't think about that and the instructions I got didn't say to do that.

Last edited by 06PT; 13 Nov 2007 at 03:38 pm.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 09:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Mean Green, I'm replacing them with Napa parts. Beldin wires and Autolite double platinum. The wires come with a lifetime warranty.

I hope they're good. Has anybody else used them?

Thanks for the tip about resetting the battery cable. I didn't think about that and the instructions I got didn't say to do that.
Sounds good.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 Nov 2007, 08:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
I've been thinking about the K&N filter but it's so pricey compared to a fram or something.
Should be around $35. A cleaning kit costs $15, and the filter is lifetime. Pay now once, or several time later.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 17 Dec 2007, 05:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to harrisonmml

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles View Post
Do the 07 still have the problem with plugs and wires, just checking before I start pulling them
Ditch the stock wires and plugs,, from 06' on the plugs are a breeze to do...right up front where you can get at em. No excuse to not go for dbl platinum plugs and good Mopar perfomance wires...all things will improve fo under $70 and an hours time
Brenddie