LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Dec 2007, 10:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default no start won`t turn over says NO BUS

also no wipers,horn,blinkers ths was hit and i purchasd ut with 8000 miles
Old 03 Dec 2007, 03:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: no start won`t turn over says NO BUS

Found these two replies to BUS failure on the internet. Looks like you need a better readout (4 digit code from the computer) or someone with a scanner to get a more comprehensive set of fault codes.......

The BUS is the digital data communication system that connects the powertrain controller, transmission controller, body computer, anti-lock brake, indstrument cluster, etc systems together to share information needed to run the vehicle. Because there is no number associated with the "no bus", I can't be sure exactly what is wrong with that system. Usually there should be a 4-digit number as the fault code, not just a "no bus". I would suggest that you go to either an Autozone Parts store to get a readout using a code reader, or to a shop to have the readout of the bus system. Autozone will often do the readout for free. If you get a 4 digit number of another message let me know what it is. I suspect that because the engine shuts down that the engine (powertrain) controller has failed as regards its ability to send/receive data necessary to run the vehicle. But a regular readout with a code reader is probably your best action.
---------------------------------

The bus failure could be due to a variety of specific causes which can best be differentiated by use of a Chrysler Diagnostic Readout Box II (DRB II). Is there a chance you can find some shop with that tool?
The trans symptom is synonymous with a bus failure of some type, too. The DRB will tell you which of these reasons is the cause: short to battery, short to 5 volts, short to ground, bus + and bus - shorted together, no termination, bus bias level too low, bus bias level too high, no bus bias, bus + open, bus - open, bus+ and bus - open, not receiving bus messages correctly. Then I have the fault tree type manual that shows how to correct whichever one of these specific faults is displayed.
So let me know what resources you have there. The bus wires are a twisted pair so that would help in tracing them. The wires connect between the powertrain module, transmission module, instrument cluster, air bag module, overhead module (if equipped), and body computer. So somewhere in that data network we have an issue that needs to be found and corrected.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 03 Dec 2007 at 03:06 pm.
Old 04 Dec 2007, 07:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: no start won`t turn over says NO BUS

Depending on where it was hit you more than likely have a bus wire pinched or cut somewhere. Could also be a module... one of several? Numerous possibilities for the problem.