Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stalling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2007, 08:29 am
Young Cruiser

Default Stalling

This morning, my 2002 PT stalled out while going about 80 on the highway. It was just a tad scary.

I've scanned through the forums, did the search, and read what I could find about stalling. The general idea is that it's the spark plug wires. Is there anything else that could cause that?

Also, how much does it cost to have the spark plug wires replaced? Any particular brand I should get? Can it do it myself, or should I have a pro do it?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10 Dec 2007, 04:50 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Stalling

So I just got back from the dealer..
They said they'd never heard of the problem, didn't know what forum I was a member of, but it was the first PT they'd heard of doing that (Despite the woman in front of me coming in with an identical problem and the girl who came in after me in a Chrysler Sebring having the same thing), and said they'd change out the spark plug wires for the paltry sum of $210. I'm more than a little miffed right now.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 05:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Stalling

You can change the wires yourself if you have a torque wrench. Plug wires should be around $60, you can get MOPAR wires, might as well change the plugs also. If you know a good go there before you pay that much to the dealer.

Search for plug wires and you will get the instructions for replacing all. Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar