PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
optimizer II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Dec 2007, 06:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default optimizer II

Hi All,

I am new to the site but not the pt wave. I have an 06 vert TE and want to install an optimizer II chip. has anyone done this before and has anyone seen any real HP gain. They claim 25 but I think that is a little too much. I was thinking more like 8-10 maybe. If anyone has done this or know of anyone please give me a shout and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks and take care
Rich
aka
rpminfernospt
Old 18 Dec 2007, 11:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: optimizer II

the optimizer II isnt a chip, its a reprogramming of your ECU. It will reprogram your car to run premium gas, but most of all it eliminates that darn 1-2 shift bog. downsides, when dealer flashes your ecu for updates, all optII data will be lost and youll have wasted 300+ bucks as they will not reprogram it again for free. as for horsepower, im glad you dont believe advertisers either. chances are your guess is right on.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 06:37 am
Fresh Cruiser

thanks alot, I had no idea when a dealer flashes you lose all the info. Is there anything out there to get a little extra hp?
thanks again
Rich
Old 19 Dec 2007, 08:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

cant speak for much else, but that new airaid intake seems to have added a slight amount. although it could just be my change in driving habits because of the sound.....
Old 19 Dec 2007, 08:50 pm
Veteran Cruiser

I've never heard of anyone being disappointed with the Optimizer II. It's easy to make a little metal cover to go over the OBDII port and lock with a little suitcase lock. Then your pcm can't be flashed unless you unlock it. Piece of cake and the Optimizer II is an excellent mod.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 20 Dec 2007, 05:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
cant speak for much else, but that new airaid intake seems to have added a slight amount. although it could just be my change in driving habits because of the sound.....
Cartman,
thansk for the reply and I lime the cherios part of your signature! I have two kids as well (8 and 5) we have moved away from ther cherios and on to more deadly spills. LOL
take care

ricn
Old 20 Dec 2007, 05:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Mean green,
Great idea about the lock. About the install is it hard to do? I know you have to send it to them, but where is it exactly?

Thanks for all your help.
Take care
Rich
Old 20 Dec 2007, 07:38 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpminfernospt View Post
Mean green,
Great idea about the lock. About the install is it hard to do? I know you have to send it to them, but where is it exactly?

Thanks for all your help.
Take care
Rich
Where is what exactly?

Here's Kenne Bell.

Kenne Bell Optimizer II

They are in Cali.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 20 Dec 2007, 11:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

the ALDL lock is a great idea Mean!