Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bubbling noise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2007, 08:48 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Bubbling noise

This issue just started a few days ago. When I drive the car for more then 30 minutes and turn it off, I hear a Bubbling noise. It sounds like it is coming from the direclty in front of the drivers side. The noise sounds like someone dumping out a gallon of water to fast and it goes "glug/glug".

There is nothing dripping from the bottom of the car. I'm thinking it's the cooolant overflow tank. But why would it make the "glug/glug" sound?

Any ideas?

These PTs are pretty cool.

-jgclark
Old 19 Dec 2007, 08:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Bubbling noise

how is your coolant level?
Old 20 Dec 2007, 09:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
how is your coolant level?
Coolant level is a little above the hot mark in the overflow tank when this happens.

These PTs are pretty cool.

-jgclark
Old 20 Dec 2007, 11:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

it sounds like its just steam escaping into your overflow bottle. when hot, the overflow bottle will be a little overfull as the steam has forced some coolant out of the system. when the system cools, itll draw the coolant back in. you could have a small airpocket in your cooling system. check your level when its cold, add up tot he cold line. it should burp itself.if not, there is a bleeder screw located under your filler neck, this can be utilized to bleed air from the system. i only suggest the bleeder when the system is relatively cool though.
Old 24 Dec 2007, 01:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Temp gauge okay? the gurgling is a sign some of the coolant is boiling.
Oil on dipstick clean?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Jan 2008, 01:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

I would replace the rad cap. You typically would not hear that much coolant gurgling into the catch can. Better safe than overheating on the side of the road. They are real cheap.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come