Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Vaccuum Tank??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jan 2008, 07:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Vaccuum Tank??

I have a 2001 cruzer and the tank vaccuum tank under the front bumper is cracked and leaking vaccuum. I can hear it from out side the car.. I ordered one from the dealer but they sent me the wrong thing. I think the one they sent me is for back by the fuel tank. My question is what is this tank called.. I told the parts guy that is was the vac resevour, and the location of the part and he sent me the wrong thing.

I cant help but think this is part of my bad gas mileage. I have a neon with the identical drive train and it gets 35 to 39 mpg and the cruiser gets 19 now they quit making the neon . must be in bed with the oil companys!!!
I always wanted a cruiser but the mileage sucks. My full size ford truck gets 17 to 19
Old 29 Jan 2008, 09:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Vaccuum Tank??

the pT's mileage will never be on par with the neon. as for the part, you need the 'Cruise control Vacuum reservoir'.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 09:47 pm
Young Cruiser

The burning question is why they have the same running gear, the run the same rpm down the road.

What did they do wrong in the pt that they obvously got right in the neon. I read that they are less areodynamic but its not like theyre a Scion or some box. by the way that Scion gets an average of 35 mpg and you dont get much more wind drag than that thing

Thanks cartman for the answer on the tank
Old 02 Feb 2008, 08:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The PT is also heavier.
It's cross-sectional area. The PT is higher, wider than Scion or Neon.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Feb 2008, 04:27 am
Cool Cruiser

QSD has it. compareing the PT and neon is like comparing a bar of soap to a barn. aerodynamics and weight are the big factors. and are you sure about the RPM down the road? I was told the neon uses a numerically lower final gear than the PT. the pt had the higher gear because of the weight.
Old 09 Mar 2008, 11:27 am
Young Cruiser

Hey Cartman

Thanks for the comparison your right on the money on that. I have drove the two cars down the road with my wife next to me to make sure and the rpms are very close if not Identical. I would think that the cruiser would have lower gear ratio to compensate for the weight and drag, for more power but they seem the same. although the neon has alot smaller tire than the cruiser. I would guess that I am doomed with crappy milage, on the plus side it is fun to drive.

I think that our next new one will be another ford escape, our 06 makes 26 on the hiway and 19 in town and its 4 wheel drive,heavy and boxy too..

I'll just keep the cruiser for a sunday car.