PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New remote programming

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Feb 2008, 12:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default New remote programming

Hello I'm new to the forum but thought i'd at least get off to a good start. I bought my 2001 LE with in the last two weeks and love it so far. My car however only came with one keyless remote. I'm getting a new one from Ebay for about $15. After searching the forum I couldn't find much info on programming my new remote without taking it to the dealer.. No thanks. So here is a pic I have of a Tech book on how to do it.

Here is the link

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ISER_00-06.jpg

Last edited by PsychobillySquee; 08 Feb 2008 at 12:49 pm. Reason: html doesnt work.. Hmmm
Old 09 Feb 2008, 12:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New remote programming

Did it work for you? I've always read that you need 2 working remotes, then you can program a third or fourth, that if you only have one, you have to go to dealer.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Feb 2008, 09:52 am
Fresh Cruiser

Don't know yet. I'll let you kno when I revive it and try to program it.
Old 09 Feb 2008, 10:41 am
Young Cruiser

pretty sure you need two remotes or keys to begin with , im in the same boat as you here .... but someone recommended calling a decent locksmith to program it for you , maybe call you local AAA or whatever auto club in your area to recomend a locksmith . DEALER WILL CHARGE $$$$
Old 09 Feb 2008, 03:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok so this is how it works that sheet is right on how to program the "fobs" but sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt depends on the mood of the car. Now the thing to remember is when you program fobs if its just one or two and so on is that you have to program them all at the same time.. The none scan tool methood works best from my experiance if you have one working one, never actully tryed it without the scan tool with virgin fobs.
if the none scan tool methood doesn;t work you will have no choise but to take it too a dealer.. which seems to be a big deal on this form i have been noticing

ok and as far as key programing if you have two programed keys you can do the third yourself by watching the little red light on the dash
Old 10 Feb 2008, 01:29 am
Cool Cruiser

you only need one working key to program another.

Customer Programming
Insert the key into the ignition switch, and turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (without starting the vehicle).
Using the RKE transmitter programmed to the RKE module, press and continuously hold down the UNLOCK button for 4-10 seconds ,
Within the 4-10 second time range, continue to hold the UNLOCK button and press the PANIC button. Both buttons may then be released. Upon the PANIC button being depressed, the message for customer programming mode will be transmitted to the RKE module.
A chime will be heard to verify that the customer programming mode has been entered.
Press and release any button on each transmitter that is to be programmed to the RKE module, including any transmitters which were previously programmed to the RKE module (with a maximum of four possible). After each transmitter is successfully programmed, a chime will be heard to verify that successful programming of the transmitter has occurred.
After thirty seconds , or upon the ignition switch being turned OFF, a chime will indicate that the RKE module has exited the programming mode.
Examiner likes this.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 07:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Worked like a champ! Took all of 10 seconds!
Examiner likes this.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 08:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychobillySquee View Post
Worked like a champ! Took all of 10 seconds!

Are you saying the Tech Book worked when you received the new key or that the instructions that Cartman posted worked for you?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 11:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Actually it was a new entry remote.. But both the tech page and Cartman are right.

Simply turn your key to the on position without starting the car hold down the unlock button count to five, press the panic button. The car made a ding like when you leave the keys in and open the door... then press any button on all your remotes and turn the key to the off position.. thats it..
Examiner likes this.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 11:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

That's great to know from both you and Cartman. Most of us have been telling owners that bought a used PT with only one remote that they have to go to the dealer to programme a new one.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.