Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
air filter,spark plug & wire brands/opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Feb 2008, 03:18 pm
Young Cruiser

Default air filter,spark plug & wire brands/opinions

I have an 02 NON-TURBO PT Limited , im looking to get some better MPG from this gas pig .
Ill probably get a Air-Raid or K&N drop-in filter as opposed to those aftermarket cones that suck in hot air from under hood .
I also plan to get some inexpensive wires and plugs , dont need fancy wires , just dependable ones .
Also while im at it , what is a good catalog to order for parts , i dont think JcWhitney even carries parts for these cars .
Old 08 Feb 2008, 04:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: air filter,spark plug & wire brands/opinions

Forget cheap wires. If you want original wires, I have a set for $20 plus shipping. I changed at 500 miles to MOPAR Performance wires. I also put in Platinum Plugs gapped at .040.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 08 Feb 2008, 04:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob67firebird428 View Post
i dont think JcWhitney even carries parts for these cars .
JC Whitney PT Cruiser Page: Click Here!
Old 08 Feb 2008, 04:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

JC Whitney does indeed have thousands of parts for the PT Cruiser....

Chrysler PT Cruiser Replacement auto parts Parts & Accessories at JC Whitney

As Hooligan just said, get some decent wires, anything better than the stock Chrysler junk they came with. Champion Double Platinum plugs #7570 from any good auto store gapped at 40-42 will last 50K or better. If your worried about gas mileage, just throw in a K&N flat filter, take out the white dounuts from the air boxes and stop stompin on the throttle.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Feb 2008, 12:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

In my opinion "good" and JC Whitney don't go in the same sentence.
Best wires - Crane - from www.RaceAndStreet.Com
Champion has platinum plugs that were designed for the PT engine.
K&N drop-in filter.
My best mileage tip? Put about 3 PSI above the door sticker # in your tires and check them often.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Feb 2008, 09:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to outfit Send a message via Skype™ to outfit

Alright u savy peeps.. We just recently purchased an 06 PT Cruiser Touring non turbo. I plan on adding Mopar wires and champion Plugs. Here is the question. Which is better the K& N Flat filter or putting in a Cold Air Intake. I want to put in the Cold Air jst because it would elim that big ole space taker of an air filter compartment.. Any advice as far as the cold air is concerned?????
Old 10 Feb 2008, 08:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

By "cold air inlet" are you meaning AirAid intake? The AirAid intake will sound so good when you step on it, you won't believe it!!

I have the AirAid intake and have changed stock wires to MOPAR and stock plugs to Champion. Check my signature.

Welcome to the Forum, outfit.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 10 Feb 2008, 10:48 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Hooligan. I have one question, you have an 06. I only found the Airaid Intake that is for the 01 - 05. Is the 05 model comp w 06.. Or did I just not look good enough. I have added a pic of the model I looked at. Can you tell me if this is the one you have ? Again thanks for the info.

Last edited by outfit; 07 Mar 2009 at 06:30 pm.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 12:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The airbox on 2006/07 are smaller than on the 2001/05. The one in the picture looks like a 2001 & up. I got mine thru Maggie at www.raceandstreet.com She has the best price for about $190. Tell her Ernie recommended her to you.

Old 10 Feb 2008, 02:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

I was looking at that site. I am going to have alot of stuff coming in the mail. Here is the one I am looking at . I had no idea there was this many add ons for the PT... Thanks.
1 -Hyper White 921 Superstar Bulbs from Autolumination
1 -Hyper White T10 Wedge 194 (Lic Pllate) Super White LED from Autolumination

Pioneer Head unit W/ HD & Satellite radio

2 - 7inch DVD/Headrests Monitors... dvd players built in the headrests
HID Lights 8000k 9006 for lows from xhidoutlet....
HID Slim 55w 6000K for high's from HIDGEEK.

Last edited by outfit; 07 Mar 2009 at 06:30 pm.