Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Alberta out-of-province inspection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2008, 04:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Alberta out-of-province inspection

I'm in need of some advice. I have a 2002 PT cruiser with 84,000km on it that passed inspection in Nova Scotia about 6 months ago. I just drove across Canada and had the car checked by Chrysler before I left. I just left a Chrysler dealership in Calgary and they are claiming that I need $2600 in repairs. Among them are the lower control arms, tie rod ends, radiator, and shift solenoid. It is my understanding that the radiator and solenoid aren't required for the inspection to pass, but this particular Chrysler dealership is insisting these repairs are necessary. Please note that I have never noticed the leaks that they claim exist from my radiator or solenoid. Do you think this is legitimate or are they trying to scam me for money?? Please help!!
Old 18 Mar 2008, 04:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Alberta out-of-province inspection

I know nothing about your inspections, but I'd take your list and go see an independent mechanic and see what he says.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 08:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

which calgary dealership may i ask?

and what reasons did they give you for all that work required. cause yeah you might want to take it another shop for a second look at it.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 09:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Big 4 Motors. They only told me that there were leaks and that I had to have the radiator and solenoid replaced in order to pass inspection. I just spoke to the Chrysler dealship that I bought the car from (a different one) and they informed me to go somewhere else because those things aren't required for to pass inspection. I also discovered that the dealship in question has 3 complaints filed against them (in the past year) with the better business bureau. I will definitely be seeking a second opinion!
Old 19 Mar 2008, 12:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yeah thats not the greatest dealership out there i have had to fix a few of the F ups that have come my way. good thing about a city the size of calgary is theres a few dealers to choise from.

good luck with the second place you take it too