PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
code p0300 means ??

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2008, 03:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default code p0300 means ??

hello all, wifes car is giving us code p0300 air bag light on & off red dot in middle on & off and only code is p0300 ?? anyone know ?? thanks bobby
Axel likes this.
Old 07 Apr 2008, 03:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: code p0300 means ??

Bob,

Fault Code P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire

A misfire code in a specific cylinder (P0301-Cylinder #1, P0302- Cylinder #2, etc.) usually indicates a possible problem with a plug or ignition wire. A P0300 code indicates the misfire is random and moving around from cylinder to cylinder. The cause here would likely be something that upsets the engine's air/fuel mixture, such as a major vacuum leak, leaky EGR valve or unusually low fuel pressure (weak pump or faulty regulator).

That has nothing to do with the air bag light or red dot in the middle (security alarm light). Sounds like an electrical fault somewhere.
Old 07 Apr 2008, 10:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

thanks crewzin !!
Old 07 Apr 2008, 11:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

its strange how three different systems are affected, air bag, security, and possibly ignition. especially the air bag system as it is genrally isolated from most other electrical systems. hmm, let us knw what you find if anything. check the steering column and underdash wiring harnesses, only place i can think of that all three systems might be in close proximity.
Old 08 Apr 2008, 04:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

i will check around and keep everyone posted
Old 08 Apr 2008, 04:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

is there a chance it could be the ingition switch ??
Old 21 Jan 2009, 03:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to garciaag

i recently got my 02 pt cruiser back from the shop got p0300 and a few days later got p0302. why would i get 2 misfire codes. along with that i got p1684 and just today got p1685 which i cant find any answers on. anyone help?
Old 21 Jan 2009, 04:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

P1684 - Battery disconnect within the last 50 starts.

P1685 Skim Invalid Key - The engine controller has received an invalid key from the SKIM.

SKIM Operation

When the ignition switch is moved to the RUN position, the SKIM transmits an RF signal to the transponder in the ignition key. The SKIM then waits for a response RF signal from the transponder in the key. If the response received identifies the key as valid, the SKIM sends a “valid key” message to the PCM over the PCI bus. If the response received identifies the key as invalid or no response is received from the transponder in the ignition key, the SKIM sends an “invalid key” message to the PCM. The PCM will enable or disable engine operation based upon the status of the SKIM messages. It is important to note that the default condition in the PCM is “invalid key.” Therefore, if no response is received by the PCM, the engine will be immobilized after two (2) seconds of running.

P0300 - we already went thru at the beginning of this thread.

From PT Do-It-Yourself.net ..................

A P0300 DTC indicates the misfire is random and is moving from cylinder to cylinder, but my concern is with the two other misfire codes. As you know P0301 and P0302 are for adjacent (1-2) cylinders. If two adjacent cylinders are misfiring, it's very possible that the head gasket between them has failed which could be a result of the recent overeating issue. Loss of compression means the cylinder loses most of its air/fuel mixture before it can be ignited. An adjacent cylinder leak will result in approximately a 50–70% reduction in compression pressure. A Cylinder Combustion Pressure Leakage Test provides an accurate means for determining engine condition. Combustion pressure leakage testing will detect: exhaust and intake valve leaks (improper seating), leaks between adjacent cylinders or into water jacket, and causes for combustion / compression pressure loss. That's where I would begin.
Old 21 Jan 2009, 04:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i just had the head gasket redone for the second time. after we found a hole in the radiator causing over heat. so i know its a new head gasket about 2 weeks old.i needed the whole set of gaskets put on...not just a half set the auto parts sells. 2 cylinders were stuck (2 middle ones) changed them out from old engine i replaced (thank god we still had it) just changed transmissions out this past weekend. also put in a mercury guage to show true reading of water temp. thermostat still on as per my mechanic.
Old 03 Mar 2009, 12:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

pt is killing me once again. any ideas on who can do the Combustion pressure leakage testing. called dealer and said the full diagnostics is what they do at $165.00 just to diagnose. any other route my mechanic already said he doesnt have the equipment to do it! thanks in advance