PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SRT 4 Turbo to Stock 2001 PT can it be done?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2008, 11:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default SRT 4 Turbo to Stock 2001 PT can it be done?

Has any one ever tried to add an SRT4 Turbo to a stock NA PT. If so what all in entailed in doing this?
Old 10 Apr 2008, 08:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: SRT 4 Turbo to Stock 2001 PT can it be done?

I'll answer - it can BE done - the tricky part is controlling the turbo as the SRT4 spools so fast - I'll update here as I put it all together.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 12:53 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_zero View Post
I'll answer - it can BE done - the tricky part is controlling the turbo as the SRT4 spools so fast - I'll update here as I put it all together.
Anything can be done if you have enough money, time and experience. Keep in mind the non turbo block internals are weak compared to the PT turbo upgraded block. The SRT-4 turbo is the same one as the PT turbo, in fact the engine is the same with some exceptions like intake manifold, throttlebody, intercooler, intercooler piping, pcm programming.... I'd rather get a PT turbo engine and swap it out. Actually, I'd just rather get a GT and not hassle with all that.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 11 Apr 2008, 11:00 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I thought you were talking about an engine transplant - you mean just the turbo?
Why?
The SRT4 intake is different, you'll have engine management issues, you'll probably end up cursing a lot.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Apr 2008, 02:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I found a new srt 4 block for 250 and I already got the srt 4 turbo so thought I might be able to build up a nice motor - I've got too much cool stuff done to my 01 - I'm keeping her as long as I can so I didn't want to change cars as much as motors.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 03:52 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

My brother and I looked into a full SRT4 engine swap when I first got the car, but after looking into it, if you get a GT motor it will all fit better, plus, some of the SRT4 parts will swap out with GT parts. (not all of them obviously, like the intake and plumbing for the turbo, etc...) it would be cool to make your own SRPT
Old 11 Apr 2008, 10:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

What's funny is that engine was made for the GT first so actually I have the GT engine, with a few differences, in my SRT-4.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic