Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
pt check engine light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2008, 01:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default pt check engine light

ok, got a puzzle for you...my wife has a 06 pt cruiser with 52k on it, she was driving it home last night and stopped at a red light and said that when she took back off the check engine light came on, and stayed on until she got home....ok, so i get out this afternoon to pull the code off of it and see what it means, i get in (the light is still on) and cycle from acc-on-acc-on-acc-leave on, and it dosent pull any codes, the mileage stays on the odometer...has the code cleared itself and the light will go off after some set increment? or am i pulling the codes wrong?
Old 13 Apr 2008, 02:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: pt check engine light

You should have at least been able to see DONE when you are finished. When I try the on, off thing, I NEVER get even the done. It seems that I cannot get a fluid motion and it gets hung up, not smooth.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Apr 2008, 03:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ok, didnt realize it had to be done that fast, i tried it fast ant got one, then done

now what exactly does this mean?

P2097 or P2099 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System High Limit
Old 13 Apr 2008, 05:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Go to Google and type or cut & paste Chrysler P2097 or P2099, Google will tell you the codes and the reason. From there I don't know. Did you do a search on this website?

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 13 Apr 2008, 07:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Extensive search on Google only gives the definition of the codes, not what to do, but analyzing what it seems to mean, is that the 02 sensor (the one near the CAT) is reading a bad signal and may need changing.

Best thing to do is take off the negative battery cable for a few minutes to clear the code. If it comes back, change the sensor.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Apr 2008, 09:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Go to Google and type or cut & paste Chrysler P2097 or P2099, Google will tell you the codes and the reason. From there I don't know. Did you do a search on this website?
tried this and got the same thing as crewzin basiclly the definition of the code and found nothing on this site about it , it cleared itself this evening when we cranked it up after church, maybe it was a one time thing and wont come back....the wife said it came on after she got on it kinda hard "by accident"...guess theres no need to worry unless it comes back, thanks for the advice tho all!!!
Old 21 Jul 2008, 06:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
ok, got a puzzle for you...my wife has a 06 pt cruiser with 52k on it, she was driving it home last night and stopped at a red light and said that when she took back off the check engine light came on, and stayed on until she got home....ok, so i get out this afternoon to pull the code off of it and see what it means, i get in (the light is still on) and cycle from acc-on-acc-on-acc-leave on, and it dosent pull any codes, the mileage stays on the odometer...has the code cleared itself and the light will go off after some set increment? or am i pulling the codes wrong?
I had the same exact same thing happen to me at that same mileage!!! I when to check around as my code book didn't cover P2097 and came to this site and thread.
I when ahead an cleared the code and it didn't come back as of yet. I guess is was a junk code.
I also didn't notice any driveability problems either
Old 21 Jul 2008, 03:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

hopefully it will not pop up again keep us posted
Old 21 Jul 2008, 05:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

the wife said it came on after she got on it kinda hard "by accident"

Sure, we believe that one. Now ask her what ricer was beside her that she had to show off the PT. You do have a turbo, right? If not, "getting on it" as hard as you might try doesn't really do any good. It keeps up with normal traffic but nothing to show off with....I know.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 01:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

Have an 04 GT and my check light comes on every time I stomp on it. I reset the gas cap and in a day or so the light goes off. Yesterday I cleaned the gas cap inside and out. Maybe that will help. great fun though