Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 A/C problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2008, 02:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 A/C problems

My 2006 PT Cruiser has just over 36,000 miles and is the touring model without turbo, and pretty much since day one this car has had A/C problems. What happens is that when the A/C is on the car runs rough, usually the hotter the day the worse it runs. The last time I used it was when I was idling in front of Home Depot as I was loading the car up. The engine felt like it was only 200 rpm from just dieing out. I've taken it back to the dealer several times with no luck. Has anyone overcome this problem? Any help would be most appreciated.
Old 13 Apr 2008, 05:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 A/C problems

mine does the same thing. at this point ive replacd plugs and wires, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the Idle solenoid, changd PCV. the car just wont idle up when the ac compressor kicks on. on all other cars ive dealt with, when the AC compressor is turned on, the idle of the car will be increased by about 200-300 rpms to compesnsate fot the extra load. this is the first car ive owned that doesnt, so im curious about the responses too.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 07:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 A/C problems

I don't use A/C much - but when I do, idle goes up about 200 RPM.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles