Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
tail/dash lights out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2008, 07:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy tail/dash lights out

I have a 2006 PT Cruiser Touring. I noticed that my dashboard lights weren't working when i cranked my car up to go home for the night from work. On my way home, i was pulled over by a cop who told me that my tail lights weren't on. My blinkers, signal, brake,headlights etc work. The cop suggested that it could be a blown fuse but that she wasn't sure, and i was let go and told to put on hazard lights so that i wouldn't get ticketed. I know that the fuse box is located under the hood, but i'm not sure which fuse to check for the problem. The manual gives little info and the fuse box lid is no help either. Auto Zone told me that 06 PT Cruiser doesn't have a fuse for tail/dashlights, is this true? If not, which fuse should i check? The dealership wants to charge $90 just to put my car through diagnostics plus cost of labor. Before i do that, i want to rule out blown fuse or whatever. I'm not too car savvy, but i get by. Could anyone help? Does a fuse exist that control the taillights/dash inside the 06 Cruiser? Is it a fuse problem, should i check my tail light bulbs too? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 08:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: tail/dash lights out

I got this from PT Do-it-yourself.net

There are multiple fuses involved with the stop and tail lights. They tie into several different systems including the security system and locks. Rather than post info for 11 different fuses, I'll give the most probable based on your description.

Fuse #10, 40amps in the power distribution center (under hood fuse block next to the battery) supplies power to fuses #1, 2, & 3 in the fuse block (inside the dash). These 3 fuses control tail lamps, RKE-remote keyless entry, multifunction switch(headlight switch), and power door locks.

Once you determine that fuse #10 -40amps is the culprit, check the operation of your brake and tail lights everyday. Don't take safety for granted.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 08:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks i'll try it now.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 05:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: tail/dash lights out

fuse #10 in my car is for heated seats. Any other fuses i should try?
Old 30 Apr 2008, 06:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

OK, found this from another forum. Long reading but might be helpful as an owner seemed to have some of the same symptoms that you have and a recall for the cluster fixed her problem. Read this....

Cluster lights out + interior accessory lights out & tail lights out [Archive] - PT Forums - The PT Cruiser Enthusiasts and Owners Resource
Old 30 Apr 2008, 10:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

could be the cluster, multifunction switch (doubtful), or integrated power module. no fuses for tails/dash on 06 models apparantly.
Old 01 May 2008, 01:09 am
Cool Cruiser

No offense but do you really need to double post about this?
Old 25 Jan 2013, 11:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation Re: tail/dash lights out

I have the same problem. Moreover, the brake lights are working and the signal lights too. headlights, power lock, and instrument panel lights are not working :/.. I don't know what is happening...
Old 25 Jan 2013, 02:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Have you done anything to the electronics in the car? New stereo, amp, LED's? I WS messing around with my '06 last year and the electronics went kooky. Had to revert back to stock and have the totally integrated power module reset (the fancy fuse box under the hood)
Old 25 Jan 2013, 02:51 pm
Veteran Cruiser

What year cruiser do you have?
For a first gen, here is a direct link to the post earlier in this thread (2008), wherein CREWZIN gives the best place to start trouble shooting.

tail/dash lights out

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_PTCRUISER View Post
I have the same problem. Moreover, the brake lights are working and the signal lights too. headlights, power lock, and instrument panel lights are not working :/.. I don't know what is happening...