Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
HELP..Starting Mystery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 May 2008, 08:09 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default HELP..Starting Mystery

Hi.. Hi Gang..can really use your help here..My 05 turbo stg 1 will not start. The battery died and I got a boost and all was fine 4 days later she;s dead again. I tried boost etc no good. I picked up a new battery and she starts. A week later she is dead.
OK I boost the new battery and it starts. I try to figure out if it is the alternator by pulling the Pos lead whe running and sure enuf she dies. I have a harder time boosting and getting her restarted but do. I shut her down and go back an hour later and she will not start.
I keep getting a click click click sound like a dead battery or loose connection but all seems good.
I also get a sequence of whirring and on off switching like sounds in the dash area inside the car.

Help..any thoughts any of you gurus?? DaShado

Last edited by DaShado; 07 May 2008 at 08:13 pm.
Old 07 May 2008, 11:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: HELP..Starting Mystery

ok, number one, DO NOT TEST THE ALTERNATOR BY REMOVING THE POSITIVE LEAD WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING! this act can damage the computers in newer cars. if you need to test your alternator, take the car to an autozone and they can do a battery/starter/alternator test for you free of charge. all it takes is a few minutes and you dont even have to remove these items from your car.

do you have any addons in your car (big stereo, aftermarket car alarm, remote start, etc)? what you might have is a parasitic drain because of one of these things.
Old 08 May 2008, 07:14 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: HELP..Starting Mystery

Have you checked the voltage? Have you cleaned the terminal posts? Made sure the made sure the contacts were tight? Start with the basics.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 08 May 2008, 11:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Unhappy Re: HELP..Starting Mystery

Yep done all the basics. Going to take him into the dealership and have them check for any draws on the system..other than that I have no idea what to do??